Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone ever fix a deep scratch on a blue model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered the kit from Tesla and the paint was too dark and would stand out. I emailed Tesla and they said that is the on,y one they have and refunded me the money. this was back in 2020 has there been any improvements mine is not the dark metallic blue I think it says PPSB as the paint code.

There are two blue paint codes… Deep Blue (PPSB, the more recent color) and Pacific Blue (PMMB, went away in ~2015 I think).

I had a similar issue where I received a PMMB touch up kit several years ago and it’s definitely NOT the same color, darker as you suggest. But there IS a PPSB kit too and I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t match…

Last edited:
I ordered the kit from Tesla and the paint was too dark and would stand out. I emailed Tesla and they said that is the on,y one they have and refunded me the money. this was back in 2020 has there been any improvements mine is not the dark metallic blue I think it says PPSB as the paint code.
Tesla's pretty bad at providing decent color matched touch paint, though this probably isn't just Tesla. Try the kits on Amazon. They often match better than the stock kit.

If Tesla doesn’t have it in stock, you could also order direct from Dr Colorchip, which is where Tesla sources their kits from…

This is what I have used on all of my other cars (non-Tesla) and it generally matches well and is fairly easy to apply. I purchased a kit from them recently for my midnight silver S and 3 but have not had to use it yet.

I did a pretty good job on my S with the Tesla kit. You can tell there is no clear coat but at least you can't see metal. If you know what you're looking for it's still there.

I'd recommend the kit. It came with gloves and a clean up solution to ensure it was a clean application.