Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone every troubleshoot cable internet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jboy210

Supporting Member
Dec 2, 2016
Northern California
About 10 days or so ago we started having all sorts of problems with our 1 Gbps internet service on Xfinity? Traffic will stall seemly randomly and then a go back to the full speed. Seems to come in waves with the service getting really slow and stopping for a minute or so and them coming back.

I called Xfinity and they tested it and said there was a problem and had a tech come out. He put new ends on the cables and went away. Problem started reoccurring that evening. Went online again and the tech said he can see the problem and it must be my cable model (we own our equipment). So I replace it with a new one. Problems still occurs. By now the Downstream light is constantly flashing. Not sure where to go from here other than starting the debug cycle over again with Xfinity.

To complicate matters, my daughter is online with work long days weekdays and weekends, So troubleshooting time is limited.

Does anyone have experience with this sort of issue? Any guidance would be appreciated.