Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Experienced This Service Message

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2016.5 75D 66k miles has this bizarre issue that no one seems to know what it's caused by. Once every few days sometimes about a week a car needs service message pops up for less than a second followed by a short alert tone. The service center has checked the logs and saw where the message popped up but they can't pinpoint what's actually causing it. The message only pops up for literally less than a second and it's not a company by any odd behavior. anyone have any experience with this and what the cause was?

my 2cents on this is that your 12V battery is about to go bad. You will get a message soon that says replace it. My car would say something about car may die unexpectedly about 1 second when you start it up then it goes away. Sure enough 2 months later the 12V battery needs replacement came up on the screen. I was already suspecting that was the issue.
tesla battery service.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: fasteddie7
my 2cents on this is that your 12V battery is about to go bad. You will get a message soon that says replace it. My car would say something about car may die unexpectedly about 1 second when you start it up then it goes away. Sure enough 2 months later the 12V battery needs replacement came up on the screen. I was already suspecting that was the issue.
View attachment 422672
They said they checked the battery and it was fine, Unless they missed something. They spent some time trying to track it down, but since I’m out of warranty, there’s a labor charge and it may take days to uncover, so to reduce costs I’m to wait for it to op up more frequently.

I still think its the battery. My car did exactly what yours is doing. I give you less than a few months till the battery warning comes on. Either way you will be fine. The warning will come and go with no harm to the car. Then the battery warning will come on when its time. Then you just replace the battery. Minimal cost of parts and free labor if you do it yourself. Good luck

• Informative
Reactions: fasteddie7