Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone familiar with Yahasun Auto Frunk?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi is it too late to get in on this?
I'm sure it's not. She's only going to arrive next week.

I'd recommend giving her a call or texting Wendy, and see if you can make an appointment.

I have nothing to do with Yahasun, other then being a soon to be customer.

They've received excellent reviews, and Wendy has been very responsive.

If you tell her you''re referred from this site, I believe she'll give us a $50 discount.

Reactions: teabone
Do you find the trunk foot sensor useful? I was opting to not do this. Since literally the button is right there at the trunk itself.
Installation took a bit longer but well worth it as it comes in handy especially when both hands are occupied.

My previous car has it so I used to that feature already.

Oh… one thing to keep in mind… unlike Frunk FS where you can open & close with FS. The installer purposely disable it for Trunk FS for safety reason, say if kid or someone accidentally trigger to close; the trunk could hit the head. Which is ok as once we load stuffs in the trunk, hands are free so can push button to close.

Lastly, you get additional $30 OFF for one choice (Frunk FS, Trunk FS, or Swivel Screen).

Last edited:
Reactions: Derrickd5
Installation took a bit longer but well worth it as it comes in handy especially when both hands are occupied.

My previous car has it so I used to that feature already.

Oh… one thing to keep in mind… unlike Frunk FS where you can open & close with FS. The installer purposely disable it for Trunk FS for safety reason, say if kid or someone accidentally trigger to close; the trunk could hit the head. Which is ok as once we load stuffs in the trunk, hands are free so can push button to close.

Lastly, you get additional $30 OFF for one choice (Frunk FS, Trunk FS, or Swivel Screen).
Oh, so we get 50 bucks off for the frunk and another 30 for another option. Sweet. Didn’t know that.

I haven't been browsing often here but just came back and saw this thread.

I had them install my auto frunk back in December of '21. They are very professional, friendly, and quick. I had an issue that was not their auto frunk but my own doing and contacted them to see if they would be able to help. Since they came back down to SoCal they were nice enough to help me out. Auto frunk has not been an issue for me since they installed it (6 months and going). Like someone above said, it is only one arm instead of two but again I haven't had any issues.

If you are in Cali and would rather have someone install an auto frunk for you that is actually reliable and has people that will help you out if something goes wrong, you should really contact them.

I sound like a paid ad, but I'm really impressed with Wendy and the boss man that does the install (never got his name). He does good work and appears to be very proud of it and Wendy is very responsive and communicates well.

I had them install my auto frunk back in December of '21. They are very professional, friendly, and quick. I had an issue that was not their auto frunk but my own doing and contacted them to see if they would be able to help. Since they came back down to SoCal they were nice enough to help me out. Auto frunk has not been an issue for me since they installed it (6 months and going). Like someone above said, it is only one arm instead of two but again I haven't had any issues.

If you are in Cali and would rather have someone install an auto frunk for you that is actually reliable and has people that will help you out if something goes wrong, you should really contact them.

I sound like a paid ad, but I'm really impressed with Wendy and the boss man that does the install (never got his name). He does good work and appears to be very proud of it and Wendy is very responsive and communicates well.
Mine was two arms for the refresh model S

Yea, never occur to me the difference between one arm vs. two arms.
The hood (at least on Model Y) is quite heavy for what it is.
Yahasun uses Dr. Tesla (one arm) vs. Hansshow (two arms maybe better… 🤔 but also more moving parts).

If not mistaken, the installer is Mr. Sun Guo-Feng, who is also a CEO of Yahasun (the detail).

Just had them install it on my Y this week and it's been working well so far. They mentioned that they updated it so that it doublechecks to make sure that the frunk if fully latched, so it does a pull to close and then another minor pull once it's down. Happy with the install and set up so far. I'll probably have them do it on my 3 along with the powered trunk when they're back in SoCal again. Still ridiculous that a powered frunk isn't a factory default IMO.

• Helpful
Reactions: forso
I just got mine installed a few hours ago in San Diego. Could not be happier with the service. My hood has a minor issue where the lip was slightly raised and the guy noticed it immediately. He was able to lower the hood a little bit during the install to compensate for the issue and it looks great now. Install took maybe 30-40 minutes, but it went by pretty quick as Wendy was going over the features (adjusting opening/closing speed, double latch check, pressure sensor on the hood so it goes back up if it hits something when it's closing).

They are very knowledgeable about their product and will answer any questions you have. Very nice father/daughter combo! Hopefully no issues down the road, but if there are issues, I like that they are US based and can get local support.

• Helpful
Reactions: forso