Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone felt the need to add door seals on their MY?

xtnvieira

Feb 6, 2020
Orange County, CA
I haven't taken delivery yet, but I'm getting some accessories in order. I know extra door seals (lots of places to get them) seems to be recommended for the Model 3 to improve sound dampening in-cabin, but for anyone who's taken delivery of a MY have you added/felt the need to add more door seals to your car?

DirtyT3sla

Apr 17, 2019
Holly
I'll tell you I've used those door seals and they did nothing for noise for me. Most others agree. They did help keep dirt out of the door jambs though.

dkot128

Feb 27, 2020
NJ
I actually just did it yesterday with the RPM kit. The A pillar was a pain to get your hands in, just because there's not a lot of room. Cutting was also a pain for certain areas. I didn't buy it for the noise dampening as that has not bothered me. I bought it for 1) dirt blockage, and 2) the 3 and Ys doors slam harder than normal cars and this helps make the doors closed nicer in my opinion. I don't think its necessary, but I thought its a nice upgrade.

xtnvieira

Feb 6, 2020
Orange County, CA
I actually just did it yesterday with the RPM kit. The A pillar was a pain to get your hands in, just because there's not a lot of room. Cutting was also a pain for certain areas. I didn't buy it for the noise dampening as that has not bothered me. I bought it for 1) dirt blockage, and 2) the 3 and Ys doors slam harder than normal cars and this helps make the doors closed nicer in my opinion. I don't think its necessary, but I thought its a nice upgrade.

I appreciate your input! I guess I'll see what I think when I take delivery.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC