Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone felt the need to add door seals on their MY?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't taken delivery yet, but I'm getting some accessories in order. I know extra door seals (lots of places to get them) seems to be recommended for the Model 3 to improve sound dampening in-cabin, but for anyone who's taken delivery of a MY have you added/felt the need to add more door seals to your car?

I actually just did it yesterday with the RPM kit. The A pillar was a pain to get your hands in, just because there's not a lot of room. Cutting was also a pain for certain areas. I didn't buy it for the noise dampening as that has not bothered me. I bought it for 1) dirt blockage, and 2) the 3 and Ys doors slam harder than normal cars and this helps make the doors closed nicer in my opinion. I don't think its necessary, but I thought its a nice upgrade.

I actually just did it yesterday with the RPM kit. The A pillar was a pain to get your hands in, just because there's not a lot of room. Cutting was also a pain for certain areas. I didn't buy it for the noise dampening as that has not bothered me. I bought it for 1) dirt blockage, and 2) the 3 and Ys doors slam harder than normal cars and this helps make the doors closed nicer in my opinion. I don't think its necessary, but I thought its a nice upgrade.

I appreciate your input! I guess I'll see what I think when I take delivery.