Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone figure out how to play video files (mkv files) stored on ssd external hard drive?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello!

I was able to partition my external hard drive to two partition. One for Tesla sentry mode and dash cam recording. The other for my mp3 collection. I was able to play my mp3 collection in the car. But I wonder if anyone figure out how to play video files stored on external hard drive? If not, is it something in the work for Tesla? I think it will be awesome to play my own video stored on the hard drive.

What platform you want to playtime on?

The files themselves will play with lots of players but you really want to to use a tool that will help combine the views.

I use this app on Windows and it works fairly well.

NateMccomb/TeslaCamViewerII

Someone has written an Android (I think app) that can view them with the appropriate adapter on the phone.
Not sure how good the app is.

What platform you want to playtime on?

The files themselves will play with lots of players but you really want to to use a tool that will help combine the views.

I use this app on Windows and it works fairly well.

NateMccomb/TeslaCamViewerII

Someone has written an Android (I think app) that can view them with the appropriate adapter on the phone.
Not sure how good the app is.
He/she wants to play videos from a connected usb device to the model 3 screen. This currently isn't possible.