Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone find chrome wheels for model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m getting a blue car with chrome trim, the factory wheels are silver and don’t match. I don’t want to go black or grey. I want everything to match, and I like the chrome trim and don’t want to black the trim out. Just looking for leads. Thanks.

Reactions: Mr X
Just google it, if you want to stay the same as stock here's what you want - 20x8.5 wheel with +35 offset and a 5x114.3 bolt pattern. You could probably get away with a +40 offset if you're staying at 8.5" and running 235's but i'm not positive.

Here's a 20" wheel that is in +40 offset, would probably work if it clears the brakes and you get the hub machined: Jarama Alloy Wheels by TSW

Most wheel places or mfg will probably be willing to machine the hub to fit for our applications, like VMR does.

If I find a wheel with those exact specs do they still need to be machined?

Oh yes, sorry i spend way too much time on here and assume others have read what i've read - check out this thread for some good information: T Sportline 19s on a P3D+ rattling like crazy

Basically the P3D has a small lip on the brake rotor which means any aftermarket wheels have to have a slight counterbore machined into them to fit. Places like VMR wheels will do this for you for no charge if you ask, so that's nice. Not sure if they can do chrome, but they have "Hyper Silver" Wheels

You can also use a small spacer to help clear this gap as well, but that changes your fitments/offsets a little more.

Just google it, if you want to stay the same as stock here's what you want - 20x8.5 wheel with +35 offset and a 5x114.3 bolt pattern. You could probably get away with a +40 offset if you're staying at 8.5" and running 235's but i'm not positive.

Here's a 20" wheel that is in +40 offset, would probably work if it clears the brakes and you get the hub machined: Jarama Alloy Wheels by TSW

Most wheel places or mfg will probably be willing to machine the hub to fit for our applications, like VMR does.
Oh yes, sorry i spend way too much time on here and assume others have read what i've read - check out this thread for some good information: T Sportline 19s on a P3D+ rattling like crazy

Basically the P3D has a small lip on the brake rotor which means any aftermarket wheels have to have a slight counterbore machined into them to fit. Places like VMR wheels will do this for you for no charge if you ask, so that's nice. Not sure if they can do chrome, but they have "Hyper Silver" Wheels

You can also use a small spacer to help clear this gap as well, but that changes your fitments/offsets a little more.
thanks!

You can always just get your current wheels chrome plated. Chrome Electro Plate - Calchrome.com | California Chrome Wheel
chrome-wheels-for-tesla-calchrome.jpg

Reactions: Mr X