Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone fix a rock chip on windshield?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Came back from a short trip and during the ride on the highway a small rock hit our windshield on our Model X, causing a small oval chip a little less than a centimeter. Pic attached.
Who have people used to fix this, or is this something people have done fixed themselves?

Attachments

• 896BC496-C236-47CA-B161-66B75BDBC497.jpeg
    896BC496-C236-47CA-B161-66B75BDBC497.jpeg
    264.1 KB · Views: 155
Came back from a short trip and during the ride on the highway a small rock hit our windshield on our Model X, causing a small oval chip a little less than a centimeter. Pic attached.
Who have people used to fix this, or is this something people have done fixed themselves?
I would check out Safelite. I believe you can get a quote online for them to fill the chip. I have used them in the past for glass replacement on other cars and have been happy. Since the chip isn’t in your direct field of view it should work well filling it.

A good glass shop could possibly fix that for you. Ask your local Tesla repair shop who does their glass work and take it to them for a look.Sometimes your Auto Insurance policy will pay for a repair of a chip with no cost to you.

My MX was in the shop for something else, and they fixed a chip in the windshield. It was either free or $20, not much. My friend with an M3 has had many chips fixed in his windshield at a national chain glass shop in Florida, but I forget which one.

• Informative
Reactions: TexasDuke