Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone for the Ioniq 5?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks good, from a distance, but the inside is messy.
It is a large car, VW ID 5 sized.
The 73kWh all-wheel drive. version has an official range of 287 miles, which compared to the 360 for the Model 3 LR AWD isn't very clever.
I haven't found a proper road test report, for now I'd guess the low 200s. Yes, it will charge quickly, but from where?

Last edited:
It's a car, it might have a bit more ground clearance than some cars but it's a car in my book. I liken it to some of the All-Trail type cars you'd get which where the standard saloon or estate but just jacked up slightly. It's still around half the ground clearance as you'd get on a real SUV. If you look at Land Rover's, they are unibody these days rather than body on frame but still called SUV's. They can call it a CUV if they want but it doesn't seem remotely like one in my book, that's just marketing for you.

I find it very hard to believe that a lot of rain and 10mph more would knock 100 miles of range off an ICE.
it wouldn't. This is an oversimplification but Ice are only 20-30% efficient to begin with so if something increases the fuel consumption by 25% then its mainly 25% of the 25% that is being used which is only 6.5% change where as an EV is 90% efficient so the impact is 22.5% which is why weather and towing etc seem to have much less impact on ICE

So he got 309wh/km which is nearly 500wh/m. The conditions were bad. M3 awd would definitely be over 300 in those conditions at that speed. I don't usually drive quite that fast in those conditions but I recon you would be at around 350wh/m in an M3 LR or P?

I have never seen consumption like this on motorway. Even with really cold weather and rain I rarely saw it going over 350 (doing 70-75mph at most). On the other hand I would avoid doing 80 mph under these conditions...
I believe what he got consumption wise was a combination of weather conditions, speed and maybe car shape. It has a drag coefficient of 0.29 vs 0.23 for 3.