Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone forgo pre-delivery detail when picking up in Dedham?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm taking delivery in Dedham and don't want the car washed prior to taking delivery. They are requiring that I sign a waiver.

The waiver states:

"If you request that we not perform the pre-delivery detail on your vehicle, we cannot and will not be held responsible for scratches and surface flaws on your vehicle.

By signing below, you request that Tesla not detail your vehicle during its pre-delivery processes, and you agree that Tesla will not be held responsible for scratches and surface flaws on your vehicle."

Has anyone had any issues with the condition of their vehicle at delivery without the pre-delivery detail? I'm getting a nano coating applied and don't want to have to do a paint correction.

you will have to do paint correction regardless of whether they detail the car pre-delivery or not. If they detail it, you won't see the scratches they leave behind until you wash off the filler coat they put on. (Ask me how I know). If I had to do it over, I would bring a gallon of distilled water to rinse the car before signing any paperwork or handing over a check

Reactions: Fresh Start Detail
I was thinking of asking for delivery with the protective wrap still on the car. Problem with that is what's underneath? There seem to be too many customers unhappy with scratches, marks etc.... I am resigned to just let them do the usual but go over the car with a fine tooth comb before taking home. (tough to do when I will be so excited to drive it away)

how? (pro detailer, painter?)

No. My '13 Tesla got severe road rash over the 3 years I drove it, so I decided to spring for some xpel and opticoat this time. I traded in for a demo car. It looked great when I signed the paperwork and drove away. On the way home it rained. The next day, I went in to the garage and saw deep parallel scratches all over the back of the car. Whatever they put on the car when they were delivering it to me looked good and was water soluble. I went back to complain, and they insinuated that somehow I put the scratches in the car (must have been while I was driving home I guess). They took it for about an hour, then brought it back - it looked great. A few weeks later, the scratches were visible again. I noticed that they had at least removed about 40% of the scratches, then probably hit their limit for how much time they were willing to spend on my car. It leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I'm just trying to help others avoid the same disappointment (satire aside, linkSTER)

• Informative
Reactions: linkster
tga

I don't know that much about suspension, alignment, and tire rotations but it is important to me to have even, predictable, and a long lasting tire life since we put 20K miles/year on the Jan '13 delivery P85. Under the guidance of champ with a later detailed important explanation by Hyper along with my own front and rear suspension bits, alignment settings, specific tire rotations, specific tire pressure, I am pleased that I only have to replace the 21’s every 2.5 years.

btw, I can't wait to get my hands on my 3 to have some suspension bits fabricated.