Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone found a WIFI Hotspot that turns on and off with the car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a WIFI Hotspot "JetPack" from Verizon and it works really well as a Hot Spot but the issue is that I see no way to turn on the hot spot with the car. Does anyone know of a HotSpot that will automatically turn on with the car and continue to run until the battery is depleted or low and then turn back on with the car?

What I'm trying to do is access the car's Dash Cam via BlackView Cloud when the car is parked and the battery of the Hot Spot should allow me to monitor the car while it is parked for around 6 hours which is more than sufficient for my needs.

I just don't want to have to manually turn the HotSpot on when I get in the car.

So, I think many of them are on all the time. Check the dashcam threads, lots of people want to have network access so they can upload data to the cloud.

Interesting how if/when Tesla enables you to access the TeslaCam images from the Tesla App, my need here would be mostly moot...

I still have a perfectly fine Hotspot that I pay for and use rarely so would be great to just keep it in the car until I need it. It's a bit crazy how it never occurred to any on the Hotspot manufacturers to implement an Auto On feature. Wonder if RV people have a solution to this...