Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone found springs that maintain ride quality and reduce fender gaps?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

I'm picking up my car next week and I've been looking at pictures of aftermarket wheels on these cars and the fender gaps are ridiculous kinda looks like this:confused:. Absent spending $2500+ for coilovers has anyone found and springs that maintain decent ride quality and reduce the fender gaps?

upload_2019-9-12_12-22-15.png

I am going to get the T Sportline lowering springs (the reviews from people who got them speak highly of them)...only scared of the install. None of the places I trust have ever worked on Tesla's before so nervous of my car being the first they work on...ugh.

I am going to get the T Sportline lowering springs (the reviews from people who got them speak highly of them)...only scared of the install. None of the places I trust have ever worked on Tesla's before so nervous of my car being the first they work on...ugh.

Any good shop you trust will have no issue installing the springs. The 3’s suspension is pretty straight forward. Check out suspension shops around you if your shops are hesitant. Take 4 jack pucks along and explain the 3’s jack points (in the manual). Also get a 4 wheel alignment after the install.

If those shops have worked on Audis and BMWs, they will find the Model 3 familiar.

These guys make individual kits for each variant of the Model 3:

Products | Mountain Pass Performance

Setup:

• Ride Height Street: Typically 110-115mm measured from ground to battery
  • Ride Height Track: Typically 104mm measured from ground to battery
Low Grip / Technical Track Damper Settings (clicks from full stiff – higher number is softer)

• Front Compression: 9
  • Front Rebound: 8
  • Rear Compression: 6
  • Rear Rebound: 7
High-Speed / High-Compression Track Damper Settings (clicks from full stiff – higher number is softer)

• Front Compression: 5
  • Front Rebound: 5
  • Rear Compression: 4
  • Rear Rebound: 3

Street Damper Settings (clicks from full stiff – higher number is softer)

• Front Compression: 14
  • Front Rebound: 13
  • Rear Compression: 14
  • Rear Rebound: 13

@tna9001, I hear you...gonna go with lowering springs first to see how I like it before spending the kind of money needed for the coilovers. I really want to eliminate the gap between the fenders and the wheel. Not really needing all the adjustability the coilovers offer.

Right on, let me know what you think about your setup. I’m picking my car up Tuesday but it’s going to be a few weeks before I can get something ordered and installed.

Reactions: pkalhan
Hey guys,

I'm picking up my car next week and I've been looking at pictures of aftermarket wheels on these cars and the fender gaps are ridiculous kinda looks like this:confused:. Absent spending $2500+ for coilovers has anyone found and springs that maintain decent ride quality and reduce the fender gaps?

View attachment 453746

Get the MPP comfort coilovers. This is not something where you want to be saving money. The difference in price is modest but the quality is worth it. You have an adjustable system with a better ride and probably slightly better handling too