Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone fund a HUD that works with the M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Geotech? Makes an obd2 adapter that is priced reasonably, I have it just haven't installed it. Once I do I was going to get a HUD but now that I have had the car for about a year I'm not sure I need one. People have reported that adapter works.

And it's on sale right now for.....

$2,985.00 – $3,515.00

Yeah, not cheap, but it's a Motec device. The display itself is typically $2k. Throw in the development costs, the mount, the CAN bus adapter, and the fact you can basically configure the screen to your heart's desire, it's quite a fair price. The value is there if you're into motorsports. If not, then yes, it's just expensive.

Yeah, not cheap, but it's a Motec device. The display itself is typically $2k. Throw in the development costs, the mount, the CAN bus adapter, and the fact you can basically configure the screen to your heart's desire, it's quite a fair price. The value is there if you're into motorsports. If not, then yes, it's just expensive.
A lifetime ago I was looking at the motec system for my Eclipse GSX. If I still had the car I would totally do it!

The free iOS app called “Speedometer” features a mini-HUD with speed only by reflecting the iPhone screen up to the inside of the windshield. The $5 paid version of the same app adds time, altitude, total and current trip distance or GPS course. Biggest difficulty is placing or mounting the iPhone on the Model 3 dash. Upside: far and away the cheapest alternative I’ve seen.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc