Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

anyone get 2.5 upgrade to 3.0?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 2.5 and was told its a free hardware and software upgrade to 3.0

I been asking my service center and they said it goes by VIN and they dont show anything in system for my vin yet.

Has anyone got their 2.5 upgraded to 3.0?

I have tried twice.
Once before it was reported that AP 2.5 was actively getting upgraded. They said no computers available.
Second time, last week and I received the same as you. They will reach out to me once my VIN comes up, and they stated twice "IF" I had full-self driving option prior.
Yes, it's on my Tesla account and that extra $6K was tacked on to my price. Yep, bought it.

In Atlanta. Just gave my MX June 2018 for service for a water leak issue when FWD opens in heavy rain.
I was told that they'll also upgrade my hardware to the FSD computer today!!
Apparently, it was a pending work order that showed in their system when they pulled up my vehicle.

I drove an overnight try me loaner X a few months ago with version 9 software and I believe MCU 2.5. My 2020 has MCU 3 and I have to say what an immense improvement it is. The visualization on the dash is amazing. I drove by a row of cones and it displayed every single one. All the vehicles are correctly represented from car, minivan, truck to semi. It’s pretty cool! Here’s a pic - not the best example but gives you the idea...

Attachments

• 25E5C002-8CF9-4808-A1B7-5D00EB8D1BFB.jpeg
    25E5C002-8CF9-4808-A1B7-5D00EB8D1BFB.jpeg
    142.2 KB · Views: 96
I drove an overnight try me loaner X a few months ago with version 9 software and I believe MCU 2.5. My 2020 has MCU 3 and I have to say what an immense improvement it is. The visualization on the dash is amazing. I drove by a row of cones and it displayed every single one. All the vehicles are correctly represented from car, minivan, truck to semi. It’s pretty cool! Here’s a pic - not the best example but gives you the idea...

Please do not confuse MCU with HW.

MCU1 and MCU2 are two versions of the large touchscreen in your car.

HW1, HW2, HW2.5, and HW3 are different autopilot computer versions. They are not related to each other in any way.

Completed on our road trip at the Richmond VA service center on our Model X. Scheduled an appointment to have snow tires mounted while heading north. They noted the car flagged for the upgrade. Gave us a loaner 85 for the day. Had a blast. Took approx 6 hours to do tires and the install. Keep in mind that they don't change out the MCU unit. That stays the same. It did take a few miles for Autopilot to re calibrate.