Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone get a performance spoiler installed recently? Fitment issues resolved?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thinking of picking up a performance spoiler online that hasn’t been mounted yet but wary of fitment issues from earlier ones. The ones I have seen in person seem to fit ok.
Anyone have one recently mounted ?Was there a build date on there?

4/19 seems to be the mfg date on the one I see online.

Attachments

• EA9C9382-2C17-4C19-B7B1-A1B0E486E456.png
    EA9C9382-2C17-4C19-B7B1-A1B0E486E456.png
    1 MB · Views: 136
Tesla service has replaced my spoiler 5 (yes, FIVE) times, and it still isn’t right. The right side flexes with about a 1/8th inch gap at the end. You think Tesla would do some training and/or provide correct fitment. I’m thinking of having my PPF wrap guy do it, because he is actually competent.

Reactions: M3noob
Tesla service has replaced my spoiler 5 (yes, FIVE) times, and it still isn’t right. The right side flexes with about a 1/8th inch gap at the end. You think Tesla would do some training and/or provide correct fitment. I’m thinking of having my PPF wrap guy do it, because he is actually competent.
Let us know how it goes. I thought the issue was the spoilers were made wrong and possibly the adhesive used

Just got mine installed today along with performance badge at the Costa Mesa, CA spoiler install day. Looks beautiful, so glad I got them installed. The service tech said that this new spoiler version fits the car much better. In may all be in my head, but the car sounds quieter now...slightly less wind noise. I guess it's possible that the spoiler smoothes the airflow leaving the trunk lid. Someone did an analysis that showed the spoiler improves the drag coefficient.

Just got mine installed today along with performance badge at the Costa Mesa, CA spoiler install day. Looks beautiful, so glad I got them installed. The service tech said that this new spoiler version fits the car much better. In may all be in my head, but the car sounds quieter now...slightly less wind noise. I guess it's possible that the spoiler smoothes the airflow leaving the trunk lid. Someone did an analysis that showed the spoiler improves the drag coefficient.
Did he mention how to identify the revised vs older spoiler?

Mobile Service told me there are also slight variations in the trunk lids. They said some spoilers which dry fit terribly on one car can fit quite nicely on others. I don't know if this is true or not, it's just what they are telling me......

Mobile Service test fit 16 rear spoilers on my car before they found one that was acceptable...

Thinking of picking up a performance spoiler online that hasn’t been mounted yet but wary of fitment issues from earlier ones. The ones I have seen in person seem to fit ok.
Anyone have one recently mounted ?Was there a build date on there?

4/19 seems to be the mfg date on the one I see online.
Just fitted a Topfit carbon fiber to my LRAWD 3,
Took ten careful minutes perfect fitment.
Cost $150 on Amazon

I've had mine replaced once already. The new one is coming off as well. I'm hoping they do a redesign on an on top design so I'm waiting to replace it again. I think its really just that the adhesive sucks and it really needs to be held in place for awhile before removing pressure. The mobile guys install too fast

• Informative
Reactions: hocr
I've had mine replaced once already. The new one is coming off as well. I'm hoping they do a redesign on an on top design so I'm waiting to replace it again. I think its really just that the adhesive sucks and it really needs to be held in place for awhile before removing pressure. The mobile guys install too fast

Thats what I was afraid of.. was watching the RPM Tesla spoiler install video and they said the adhesive needs 72 hours to cure and recommended tape to hold the spoiler in place. Decided it may be better to wait for the RPM Tesla one vs new OEM secondhand

Mobile Service told me there are also slight variations in the trunk lids. They said some spoilers which dry fit terribly on one car can fit quite nicely on others. I don't know if this is true or not, it's just what they are telling me......

Mobile Service test fit 16 rear spoilers on my car before they found one that was acceptable...
Unlikely the variation is in the trunk lid which comes out of a metal stamping machine with no human intervention vs. Chinese made inexpensive carbon fiber part that relies on significant manual labor to make.