Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone get autopark to work?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know for autopilot to work it took a few miles for the cameras to calibrate but I still haven't seen the autopark option pop up. I've been driving around trying to see if it would work but still nothing. The manual says you have to be driving less than 5 mph or in reverse. I've tried both options. Maybe it's still calibrating? I've got about 30 miles so far.

I use auto-park for parallel parking all the time. Just make sure to pull forward a little more than you otherwise would and put it in reverse. Getting it to pick up perpendicular spots to back into is a lot more hit and miss.

Been thinking about the back-in a lot as I will be backing mine (when it comes) into my garage and I’m hopeful that I can utilize the feature to make that an easier daily activity. I’ve thought about actually painting lines on my garage floor to help it pick it up... no idea if that’s feasible or worthwhile? I would expect to have to start the process manually and at some point be able to hit the feature and let it finish...

• Disagree
Reactions: M falcon
Been thinking about the back-in a lot as I will be backing mine (when it comes) into my garage and I’m hopeful that I can utilize the feature to make that an easier daily activity. I’ve thought about actually painting lines on my garage floor to help it pick it up... no idea if that’s feasible or worthwhile? I would expect to have to start the process manually and at some point be able to hit the feature and let it finish...

Auto park doesn’t use lines. It uses other cars as references. If you don’t have two cars on either side of the space (or some other structure) it doesn’t work. You can summon your car into your garage once that feature gets enabled on the 3.

• Informative
Reactions: Justmurr
AutoPark works great for me. Just have to pull up next to a car you see a space behind, with another car behind that space. If you see a bunch of empty spaces and pull up next to a car to back into the space behind it, AutoPark will not activate. It needs to be a space between cars. Just pull up next to the car, sort of close and the P appears. Put it in reverse and press Start.

-Randy

AutoPark works great for me. Just have to pull up next to a car you see a space behind, with another car behind that space. If you see a bunch of empty spaces and pull up next to a car to back into the space behind it, AutoPark will not activate. It needs to be a space between cars. Just pull up next to the car, sort of close and the P appears. Put it in reverse and press Start.

-Randy

Parallel or perpendicular? Like I said earlier I have no problem with parallel, but it doesn’t often work with perpendicular (like backing into a charge spot).

I find it funny that Auto Park will only work in a situation where I would never park. Near any other cars! lol.

So the first time I tried autopark was a home depot parking early Saturday morning. There were very few cars parked in a huge parking lot. There were 2 trucks parked with an empty space in between. So I tested autopark. Worked great. And once it finished parking, I drove forward to the empty parking space across. LOL.