Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Get Latest UI Update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the notification at 0330, installed right away. Going to take some getting use to... I thought we were getting the turn signal camera with this update. Don't see it or an option to turn it on. The auto seat heater is interesting.

Reactions: bobbyjae
Just installed it and enable blind spot camera. I probably won't actually try it out for a few days since I have no plans to drive anywhere over the holidays.

I do like the revamped UI as well as the option to keep it in dark mode. I also like the separate subwoofer control. As for the added games and TikTok...meh. I'm not excited about those and will probably never use them.

Just installed it and enable blind spot camera. I probably won't actually try it out for a few days since I have no plans to drive anywhere over the holidays.

I do like the revamped UI as well as the option to keep it in dark mode. I also like the separate subwoofer control. As for the added games and TikTok...meh. I'm not excited about those and will probably never use them.
I’m with you, design and features are nice but not a game guy, Scrabble on my phone with the wife whlle supercharging is about it 😊.

Last edited:
Reactions: Silicon Desert
So with blind spot enabled every time you turn on the blinker the corresponding side, aft looking camera displays under your car avatar until you turn it off - I like it! Though I just took a quick 5 mile drive I can see how it will be helpful. What I don't like, at least initially, is you can't just swipe to view current wh/mi or tire pressure - those have moved to submenu's. You can move your energy graph icon to the bottom of your screen now though for quicker access, which I did, so that's nice. Having the tire pressures moved under the "service" menu isn't really an issue, I was just used to the "old" way so will take a little getting used to. Just initial thoughts, won't be driving much for a couple of days so will give it some time.

Reactions: Stach and bobbyjae
I'm liking it so far -- it will take a bit of getting used to. I wish there was a "music" icon instead of having to place the individual sources in the launcher (streaming, usb, bluetooth etc) but there IS a drop down from each one of those sources to get to the others.

I miss the tire pressure and trip cards though and wish those weren't hidden in the large menu.

I like the blind spot camera and the newer, generally larger, fonts on everything.

Did anyone get the new update? From seeing screenshots it looks like the UI has gotten worse (multiple steps vs single touch).

Has this affected your driving?
Here are some additional details on the new software update, ;)

1640374255836.png

Reactions: bobbyjae