Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone get SGIP $$ back yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Go to:
SGIP | Resources

Section 9: Reports
Click on "Real-Time Public Report"

You can then see every SGIP there is in the system, including if they are pending or approved, and if anyone has been paid.

Last I checked, I had not seen many 2017 payments at all. Be happy if you get paid this year (nope, that's not a joke).

So I called PG&E and left a message and got a call back. Oddly they told me they were waiting for Permission To Operate (PTO) and single drawing from Tesla. But PG&E had emailed a PTO to me and Tesla two months ago. And when I talked to the solar people at PG&E they could bring up my PTO and single line. I've talked to someone at incentives at PG&E and a support person at Tesla. Hopefully they can get this sorted out.

I'm a September 2017 install and still waiting. Rebate has been reserved and approved, but waiting on some approval from PG&E (probably the PTO as above). My Tesla rep says 2-3 more weeks, but I'm not holding my breath.

Yes! I did on July 2, 2018. Quite the journey. Ordered from my Solar provider in April 2017, installed on February 18, 2018, and finally $5,800 for my single Powerwall 2. I received an email about 2 months ago alerting me that they may need to inspect my installation prior to payment. 4 weeks ago I received an email that they had approved my install (no onsite inspection).

I am weeks away from getting the check cut from PGE/SGIP. I had a small problem where my ICF form was rejected because Tesla forgot to include something, so they had 30 days in which to resubmit it which they did once SGIP contacted them. I'm in the "ICF Technical Review" stage, and once that's done another 20 days I believe, I then get to the "ICF Pending Payment" stage which in itself a 30 days process Ive been told to actually receive the check in the mail.

So close, yet so far .

Mine was a September 2017 install. Quantity 2 Powerwall only, no PV.

Yes! I did on July 2, 2018. Quite the journey. Ordered from my Solar provider in April 2017, installed on February 18, 2018, and finally $5,800 for my single Powerwall 2. I received an email about 2 months ago alerting me that they may need to inspect my installation prior to payment. 4 weeks ago I received an email that they had approved my install (no onsite inspection).

Same here. Ordered in April 2017, installed on 12/27, inspected by city on 12/29. Got the same e-mail that payment was pending a possible final onsite inspection. Got the same e-mail that they had approved my install with no onsite inspection. Then I got an e-mail indicating that a check went out, got the check the same day a week ago on Monday, July 2, $11,600 for two Powerwall 2s.

First posted here: : SGIP Update e-mail.

Same here. Ordered in April 2017, installed on 12/27, inspected by city on 12/29. Got the same e-mail that payment was pending a possible final onsite inspection. Got the same e-mail that they had approved my install with no onsite inspection. Then I got an e-mail indicating that a check went out, got the check the same day a week ago on Monday, July 2, $11,600 for two Powerwall 2s.

First posted here: : SGIP Update e-mail.

Nice, so with a $11600 rebate, you were Step #1. Congrats. That's the first I've heard for Stage 1.

installed 09/17, PGE PTO and inspections done before new year, ICF draft status since January. NADA. Tried to ping Tesla, they said ICF was submitted in May (although January email from them estimated 90 days till check -- what did they do all that time i wonder), and after that they know nothing of it.

I am guessing it might have something to do with late TBC availability because in theory inspection is expected to demonstrate i can officially load shift (no solar). But on the other hand i do see "payment completed" statuses around my line with no solar ...

incredible, impenetrable, totally opaque bureaucracy.

installed 09/17, PGE PTO and inspections done before new year, ICF draft status since January. NADA. Tried to ping Tesla, they said ICF was submitted in May (although January email from them estimated 90 days till check -- what did they do all that time i wonder), and after that they know nothing of it.

I am guessing it might have something to do with late TBC availability because in theory inspection is expected to demonstrate i can officially load shift (no solar). But on the other hand i do see "payment completed" statuses around my line with no solar ...

incredible, impenetrable, totally opaque bureaucracy.
From what I understand the ICF form was submit in May because they had to activate ToU in the Powerwall and until then it's only for full house backup.

I'm in SCE territory and approved for step 1. Mine got installed in March 2018 and although I've had email weeks ago stating I would need an audit, It all seems to be stuck waiting on data that Tesla needs to upload to the auditor with discharge data. It was also delayed a bit by Swell Energy who sat on my paperwork for about a month and forgot to submit.

I need the rebate to put towards my Model 3 :)

So I called PG&E and left a message and got a call back. Oddly they told me they were waiting for Permission To Operate (PTO) and single drawing from Tesla. But PG&E had emailed a PTO to me and Tesla two months ago. And when I talked to the solar people at PG&E they could bring up my PTO and single line. I've talked to someone at incentives at PG&E and a support person at Tesla. Hopefully they can get this sorted out.

Things were sorted out (I believe with a little help from me). I received approval status about 3 weeks ago. I received my check yesterday.

over 12 months since install and ~8 after pto. Still waiting and by the looks of it it will take another 3.
3 counts of Tesla's fault. 1 failed resubmission of technical review and 2 failed submissions of the claim form..