Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone get Tesla to fix hood and hatch gaps?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I, like many others, have a hood and/or the hatchback door that has an obvious manufacturing defect where one sides gap is nice and snug and the other side has a much wider gap (as in I can stick my thumb in the gap on one side and not even a pinkie on the other side.

My question is, has anyone gotten Tesla to actually fix this issue? I haven't the fainted idea how big or small of a "fix" this is so I was wondering what others experience is with this.

Thanks

Tesla is going to replace my entire hood part due to the panel gap/warping that was present at delivery. But it's going to take a while - service tech said don't expect it anytime soon, at least a couple of months.

I'm fine with it. I'm just glad they're replacing it vs. trying to get body shop work to fix.

I, like many others, have a hood and/or the hatchback door that has an obvious manufacturing defect where one sides gap is nice and snug and the other side has a much wider gap (as in I can stick my thumb in the gap on one side and not even a pinkie on the other side.

My question is, has anyone gotten Tesla to actually fix this issue? I haven't the fainted idea how big or small of a "fix" this is so I was wondering what others experience is with this.

Thanks

I had issues on both on delivery. On the hood, the gap on the left and right was not the same. On the trunk door, the door was sometimes latching and sometimes doesn't and at the time of locking it was creating almost like a grinding sound which wasn't fun to listen to.

I reported both issues within 100 miles within the app (and some other minor things), dropped the car a week later. It took them two and a half days and fixed both issues (and all the others I reported) perfectly, eventually. At the end of day two I went to pickup the car, everything was fixed but the trunk had left/right alignment problem, simply the mechanic couldn't do a good job. They apologized and asked me to come next day. The second mechanic was really proficient and did a wonderful job.I I now have a perfectly aligned hood and very well adjusted trunk door.

Key is to check if the car is fixed to your satisfaction when picking up. Every line item you submitted.

I had issues on both on delivery. On the hood, the gap on the left and right was not the same. On the trunk door, the door was sometimes latching and sometimes doesn't and at the time of locking it was creating almost like a grinding sound which wasn't fun to listen to.

I reported both issues within 100 miles within the app (and some other minor things), dropped the car a week later. It took them two and a half days and fixed both issues (and all the others I reported) perfectly, eventually. At the end of day two I went to pickup the car, everything was fixed but the trunk had left/right alignment problem, simply the mechanic couldn't do a good job. They apologized and asked me to come next day. The second mechanic was really proficient and did a wonderful job.I I now have a perfectly aligned hood and very well adjusted trunk door.

Key is to check if the car is fixed to your satisfaction when picking up. Every line item you submitted.

Mind if I ask which service center you've visited in Bay Area? I've been to the palo alto one and they basically haven't fixed anything for me...