Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone get the Event invite yet? No Word and 1 week away.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will be there with my wife.

Correction, I was wait listed too. I was in a meeting so it took 90 minutes to confirm. A RSVP that only allows a few minutes to take advantage of it . . . really Tesla?

This is nuts. What a stupid referral award if there is no real way to take advantage of it. Forget about selling your invite (not transferable) or your plus one as all the slots are taken and the wait list is probably huge now.

#TeslaDumpterFire

Years ago for the Model X unveiling, we found out the hard way that you have to act immediately. I got that invite and tried to confirm airfare, my work schedule, etc. but when I went to RSVP an hour later, it was already too late. Now when the event date is announced, I schedule the day off work in advance and sometime even buy airfare. If it comes, i RSVP immediately. It doesn't, I either cancel my day off work or take a mini vacation.

I responded 10 minutes from receiving the email, I feel like I sold 6 cars for Tesla, should at least get a slim chance at going. Glad I like their cars otherwise they suck as a company in a lot of ways, this being one of them

Did you get the wait list too? Stupid to have a prize that they cannot fulfill. Just have a bigger event Tesla.

Reactions: Amit519
how do you even get invited?
You have to have obtained 4 referrals last year. They’re no longer offering that, but they have quite the backlog of people to work through (as you can see in this thread).

I was lucky enough to get to go to the Model Y unveiling, but honestly that was just a taller Model 3 - the truck is something all new and exciting! I wish I could go to this one too...

Got it, put my name in about 15 minutes after email hit my inbox, and already WAITLISTED! This is really discouraging....... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Agree that it's so difficult to plan at such short notice and especially if it gets full in 15 minutes. What's worse is the scalpers trying to make a buck for their +1. Shame on them, as many genuine Tesla owners/shareholders who weren't able to RSVP in time are being waitlisted.

Last edited:
Agree that it's so difficult to plan at such short notice and especially if it gets full in 15 minutes. What's worse is the scalpers trying to make a buck for their +1. Shame on them, as many genuine Tesla owners/shareholders who weren't able to RSVP in time are being waitlisted.

I don't think it works that way. Each invite RSVP already includes the +1.. so what the inviter does with it is up to them. It's not like that +1 is taking up a spot that another referral winner would get. Only if someone RSVPs without intention of going would that effect other people not getting an invite and being waitlisted.

Reactions: srk67
I don't think it works that way. Each invite RSVP already includes the +1.. so what the inviter does with it is up to them. It's not like that +1 is taking up a spot that another referral winner would get. Only if someone RSVPs without intention of going would that effect other people not getting an invite and being waitlisted.
When I went to the Model Y unveil, I added my +1’s name and email in the form and was confirmed, it sent an email to my +1 asking them to fill out their details, which they did at their leisure and were told the event was full. I had to email Tesla and nicely ask them to add my +1 as I had entered their name before the gate closed. Thankfully they agreed and added them, but it was a bit concerning that they hadn’t reserved 2 spaces for me when I’d clearly entered it.

• Informative
Reactions: DDotJ