Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone get the holiday update yet…..?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why do you say excluded? “Legacy” Model X’s are listed on the Tesla website. I have the Atom processor in 2018 Performance.

On the Teslafi site, there have been 8,900 installs of the new software, but only 2 model X's have received the software. If you dig deeper, the two model X's are 2022's, so it looks like the rest of us will have to wait longer. Maybe they just forgot us or it could be a minor incompatibility that they have to work out. :(

Hi All,

No updates for me either...

On the TeslaFi information it shows plenty of features available to the "Legacy" X.
There are also many features that we do not get...

However, not getting anything, including the 10.8 is disturbing.

I really want FSD Beta 10.8

FSD Beta 10.6.1 works for me but I expect a massive improvement with 10.8

Shawn

I did get it yesterday morning also. I know its lame for some but I'm super excited about the light show. I was showing it off to everyone. Mine did come with the video turn and works great. I'm still getting used to the new UI but its kind of cool.

I did get it yesterday morning also. I know its lame for some but I'm super excited about the light show. I was showing it off to everyone. Mine did come with the video turn and works great. I'm still getting used to the new UI but its kind of cool.
On what model car? This thread is in the Model X subgroup.

From Teslascope and TeslaFi, it looks like all model X and possibly pre-refresh model S are being held back from both the FSD Beta 10.8 (2021.44.25.6) and the public holiday update (2021.44.25.2.)

Last edited:
On what model car? This thread is in the Model X subgroup.

From Teslascope and TeslaFi, it looks like all model X and possibly pre-refresh model S are being held back from both the FSD Beta 10.8 (2021.44.25.6) and the public holiday update (2021.44.25.2.)
I can confirm this. My 2020 Model X Performance with FSD Beta 10.6.1 has not received FSD Beta 10.8 or Xmas update. And my 2015 Model S P85D (with upgraded Intel Atom processor displays) has not received the Xmas update.

Santa must not like me...

• Informative
Reactions: ContrarianDC
I got the update on Christmas eve morning when I arrived at my barber for a haircut. It was downloading as I got my haircut. Big introduction to update 11 as the screen loaded up. Not sure why the welcome to 11 showed since I'm not on beta FSD. I am a new Tesla owner since September 2021 and this is by far the biggest update I have received. I also got a smaller update two days before. The blind spot cameras works great and I don't know why it took Tesla so long to get this feature since it was already in the car. The light show is really neat and my son loved it and had the neighbors watching. lol Also showed it off to the entire family visiting on Christmas Day and they were quite entertained. Have you car face a wall or garage to get a really cool affect.

I got the update on Christmas eve morning when I arrived at my barber for a haircut. It was downloading as I got my haircut. Big introduction to update 11 as the screen loaded up. Not sure why the welcome to 11 showed since I'm not on beta FSD.
Welcome! The 11 in this case refers to a UI (User Interface) version which is in both the public release and the FSD Beta. The FSD Beta also has a version of 10.8. They are two components of the Tesla software.

Reactions: Sludog
For those new to Tesla ownership:
  1. I have software version 2021.36.8.10 (FSD Beta v.10.6.1) and own an early 2021 Model X LR + (5-searer).

2. I can empathize with anyone impatient about the current downloads--I also am waiting for 2021.44.25.6 (v.10.8), with hopes that it will provide features that non-FSD Beta cars have already enjoyed for several weeks/months.

3. First, be aware that (a) Not A Tesla App provides extensive information about current, and upcoming Tesla vehicle and phone app software updates.

4. Two, note that Teslascope and Teslafi use their aftermarket phone-app subscriber databases to track Tesla software downloads.

5. Three, use Post #1 of Trying to Make Sense... to picture two major Tesla software download pathways and to understand what cars may or may not be eligible for updates.

6. Four, understand that you are not alone. Hundreds, thousands, or perhaps more are in the same position--waiting for the same or similar software version.

7. The resources mentioned tell me that Tesla software versions 2021.44.25.2 (non-FSD Beta) and 2021.44.25.6 (FSD Beta) are seemingly being rolled out slowly, primarily to Models 3 and Y first. Only a small number of Model S, and fewer still Model X, are currently receiving "25.2" and very few, if any, "25.6." Why?

Unknown. I could speculate, but if you read my discussion in Trying to Make Sense... you'll begin to understand that (a) non-Tesla employees often cannot know the precise rational behind software roll-outs, (b) there only a few good tips to follow to ensure that we have the best chance of receiving timely downloads, and (c) otherwise we just have to be patient and try not to fret. As Tesla owners it is easy to become somewhat spoiled; we grow to expect regular downloads. But the Tesla software development and dissemination program is complicated. Tesla pushes software downloads slowly, probably in order to contain and control any unforseen problems. This particularly important with the download of a "big" version (with many new features).

8. I suspect that Models S and X (pre- and post-refresh) may have to wait for subsequent ("bug fixed") versions. Or they may receive the software tonight, tomorrow, or next week. We'll just have to wait and see.

Reactions: Gumball
The resources mentioned tell me that Tesla software versions 2021.44.25.2 (non-FSD Beta) and 2021.44.25.6 (FSD Beta) are seemingly being rolled out slowly, primarily to Models 3 and Y first. Only a small number of Model S, and fewer still Model X, are currently receiving "25.2" and very few, if any, "25.6." Why?
Curious why you would say 'and fewer still Model X'? Is this speculation on your part? Here are the links for anyone to look at the Teslascope and TeslaFi numbers below. They both show 0 installs on model X when I view them. Anyone can browse backwards through previous releases and see there are model X installs. It seems fairly obvious that 44.25.2 and 44.25.6 are being held back from X install at this time.

Vehicle Software Updates | Teslascope, click on version as well, then see the 'models' pane for installation counts.
TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker click on version, ie 2021.44.25.6, to see models installed as tracked by TeslaFi.

Note that Teslascope isn't really an 'aftermarket phone-app' either. You can sign up on their website and give them access to your Tesla, they then ping your Tesla account for car data and log it for you. Do you they have an Android app? They don't for iPhone.