Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone get the holiday update yet…..?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...Is this speculation on your part?...

Yes.
  1. I have learned (the hard way) never to say "never" (regarding Tesla-related issues).

2. The Teslascope (12,146 fleet size) and Teslafi (1,157 contributing vehicles) tracking data are from samples (and not random samples, at that) from within the entire population of Tesla cars. As you probably know, but others may not, Teslascope and Teslafi base their findings on their own databases of paid subscribers, I believe, and not on a master list of all Tesla vehicles.

Now I assume that these (biased) samples are probably still good indications of what is actually happening, but like any samples they are probably not 100% reliable all of the time. There may be a Model X somewhere that has received one of those downloads. (Probably not, but I was just being conservatively cautious in my language.) For example, I think I remember seeing that one Canadian car (yes, a Model S Plaid) had received the latest FSD beta download, when I thought that only USA (including Puerto Rico) cars were testing FSD Beta? (Maybe someone on the U.S.-Canada border with dual citizenship? Or a VIP, perhaps? One of the writer-actors on The Second City or SNL?)

3. Also, god knows websites are not always correct. If you refine the Teslascope tracking view for just 2021.44.25.6, the displayed list includes a relatively small number of (U.S. and one Canadian) Model S cars that have supposedly received that version. But if you further refine the view by selecting both Model S and 2021.44.25.6 it shows "No vehicles were found matching the given parameters." What is to be believed? (The process seems to work fine if you select Model 3 or Model Y, instead) The point is, I try to use caution interpreting information on various websites.

4. Furthermore, when I wrote that I had seen no Model X listed for either version (2021.44.25.6 or 2021.44.25.2). But that's not to say that Model X couldn't have begun receiving downloads shortly thereafter. We don't really know what is going on.
Unless someone has actual insider knowledge of Tesla's roll-out plans, it is pretty much all speculation.

All that said, I would prefer to believe you, as I have been trying not to take the lack of of a download to my car personally. :)

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Harvey Danger
I think it’s quite simple, actually.

The vertical-screen version isn’t ready yet.

It will be, and when it is, we’ll get it.

Now, as to why we don’t get blind spot cameras? If I were a betting person, I’d guess it’s a technical limitation of how the cameras are physically connected on S/X vs the newer architectures. I’m just guessing there’d be a lag to start the display or a bandwidth constraint somewhere that’d make it unacceptable. But I’m just speculating.

• Helpful
Reactions: tps5352 and fr100
I personally prefer the portrait view on my 2020 X.

I knew when i bought the car that there will always be newer versions in the years to follow with new features. Its a give and take.

I couldn't care less about Sonic or video games or if my car makes fart sounds. The blind spot camera...yeah, that a cool feature as well as sentry mode monitoring.

What concerns me is the progress on FSD which I purchased. With the "legacy setup" Im hopeful we will continue to see FSD upgrades, and not hit a brick wall where we cant get them. I hear the hardware is seperate from the MCU. I have not seen FSD beta 10.8 yet.

Ive already accepted that the car will never be L5 and we were deceived, but at least I want to be part of glimpsing the progress of this technology (crap at this time).

When FSD stops I will jump on the legal band wagon for at least what I paid for and what was promised.

Yes.
  1. I have learned (the hard way) never to say "never" (regarding Tesla-related issues).

2. The Teslascope (12,146 fleet size) and Teslafi (1,157 contributing vehicles) tracking data are from samples (and not random samples, at that) from within the entire population of Tesla cars. As you probably know, but others may not, Teslascope and Teslafi base their findings on their own databases of paid subscribers, I believe, and not on a master list of all Tesla vehicles.

Now I assume that these (biased) samples are probably still good indications of what is actually happening, but like any samples they are probably not 100% reliable all of the time. There may be a Model X somewhere that has received one of those downloads. (Probably not, but I was just being conservatively cautious in my language.) For example, I think I remember seeing that one Canadian car (yes, a Model S Plaid) had received the latest FSD beta download, when I thought that only USA (including Puerto Rico) cars were testing FSD Beta? (Maybe someone on the U.S.-Canada border with dual citizenship? Or a VIP, perhaps? One of the writer-actors on The Second City or SNL?)

3. Also, god knows websites are not always correct. If you refine the Teslascope tracking view for just 2021.44.25.6, the displayed list includes a relatively small number of (U.S. and one Canadian) Model S cars that have supposedly received that version. But if you further refine the view by selecting both Model S and 2021.44.25.6 it shows "No vehicles were found matching the given parameters." What is to be believed? (The process seems to work fine if you select Model 3 or Model Y, instead) The point is, I try to use caution interpreting information on various websites.

4. Furthermore, when I wrote that I had seen no Model X listed for either version (2021.44.25.6 or 2021.44.25.2). But that's not to say that Model X couldn't have begun receiving downloads shortly thereafter. We don't really know what is going on.
Unless someone has actual insider knowledge of Tesla's roll-out plans, it is pretty much all speculation.

All that said, I would prefer to believe you, as I have been trying not to take the lack of of a download to my car personally. :)
Agreed. Probably a bug running the new software on the six year old computers we current owners, are all running.

Installing 2021.44.25.2 right now….

Is this the appropriate holiday update for us?

Also I’m only on a 92 safety score with my FSD beta so was not expecting the latest FSD beta to hit me.

And I lied. 12v battery now needs to be replaced before software will install….! Argh!!!

CA729B00-F4B2-4524-83B6-B3D57C6627E3.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: cobra
Installing 2021.44.25.2 right now….

Is this the appropriate holiday update for us?

Also I’m only on a 92 safety score with my FSD beta so was not expecting the latest FSD beta to hit me.

AFAIK, that is the most up-to-date software (w/holiday and pre-holiday features) for a car not in the FSD-Beta "track." I'm envious. As many have said, don't worry that you don't have FSD Beta in general. You haven't been missing much. However, we'll have to see how FSD Beta v10.8 does. Regardless, you'll eventually get it when all the kinks are ironed out, if not before. (Stop letting your teenage son drive the car. :))

And I lied. 12v battery now needs to be replaced before software will install….! Argh!!!

Oh, that's gotta be frustrating. Can you make a quick drive to your nearest SC on Monday and buy a battery over-the-counter? Or schedule a quick mobile tech visit? You should have it taken care of by New Years. And at least the software is safely downloaded to you car and waiting for installation. (Is that correct?)

Last edited:
AFAIK, that is the most up-to-date software (w/holiday and pre-holiday features) for a car not in the FSD-Beta "track." I'm envious. As many have said, don't worry that you don't have FSD Beta in general. You haven't been missing much. However, we'll have to see how FSD Beta v10.8 does. Regardless, you'll eventually get it when all the kinks are ironed out, if not before. (Stop letting your teenage son drive the car. :))

Oh, that's gotta be frustrating. Can you make a quick drive to your nearest SC on Monday and buy a battery over-the-counter? Or schedule a quick mobile tech visit? You should have it taken carte of by New Years. And at least the software is safely downloaded to you car and waiting for installation. (Is that correct?)

just opened a service tag, the soonest (as of right now) is a mobile service for this Wed (12/29) between 12-4pm CST. i guess i can wait, but will try to chat with them tomorrow AM to see if the local SC can handle it sooner. We have (3) good SC's here in the Chicago Burbs, so let's see how that goes.

ironic, as soon as i saw the update notification i got all excited...only to get deflated (for now)!.

Oh btw - I think I’m the one who drives like a teenaged son. 🤣

2021.44.25.2 is widely deploying to the fleet now so if you don't have it yet it'll come soon I am sure.
Hey @verygreen, I am a newbie to TMC and saw your post. I received the update earlier this evening and had it installed.

Not sure if you looking for feedback, but I am very disappointed. Tesla screwed around with the entire bottom row on the center screen.

Items that I am disappointed to see (so far):
-Colored icons (I can live with it, just not happy)
-Reconfigured entire bottom row on center screen. Introduced Categories called “My apps” and “Recent Apps” across the bottom row. In addition, the icons do not stretch across the entire bottom row, resulting in a huge blank space on the bottom right. (I am furious about this).
-Enlarged font in menus -> it makes the menus look childish. Tesla did something similar with the driver console previously.

Hey @verygreen, I am a newbie to TMC and saw your post. I received the update earlier this evening and had it installed.

Not sure if you looking for feedback, but I am very disappointed. Tesla screwed around with the entire bottom row on the center screen.

Items that I am disappointed to see (so far):
-Colored icons (I can live with it, just not happy)
-Reconfigured entire bottom row on center screen. Introduced Categories called “My apps” and “Recent Apps” across the bottom row. In addition, the icons do not stretch across the entire bottom row, resulting in a huge blank space on the bottom right. (I am furious about this).
-Enlarged font in menus -> it makes the menus look childish. Tesla did something similar with the driver console previously.
Btw…I have a 2018 Model X.

FYI, I am not working for Tesla so it's useless to provide feedback to me. I can't do anything with it

In addition, the icons do not stretch across the entire bottom row, resulting in a huge blank space on the bottom right. (
you can add more icons from that menu into the bottom filling the "empty" space (long press the icon in the window that opens when you press the three dot button, then drag them to the bottom). You are not limited with the two there by default and the two most recently used ones.

FYI, I am not working for Tesla so it's useless to provide feedback to me. I can't do anything with it

you can add more icons from that menu into the bottom filling the "empty" space (long press the icon in the window that opens when you press the three dot button, then drag them to the bottom). You are not limited with the two there by default and the two most recently used ones.
Just went out for a drive to “test” everything :). Yes I did see the ability to add icons. Regardless, one recently used will always remain (max of 4 fixed icons). The only way to utilize the “empty space” is to split temp for driver and passenger. Pics attached.

Attachments

• A7A723AD-C848-47BD-95D3-AB6744C42E47.jpeg
    A7A723AD-C848-47BD-95D3-AB6744C42E47.jpeg
    168.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 7BC0A344-0AE6-4CE2-A862-6FD85A3CF101.jpeg
    7BC0A344-0AE6-4CE2-A862-6FD85A3CF101.jpeg
    67.2 KB · Views: 64

you can add more icons from that menu into the bottom filling the "empty" space (long press the icon in the window that opens when you press the three dot button, then drag them to the bottom). You are not limited with the two there by default and the two most recently used
I think I was just looking to vent…Thanks for being my sounding board :)