Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone get the holiday update yet…..?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am no expert and don't have this software version yet, but that charging screen you show;...my gut is telling me that that will be fixed in a future update.

Were you actually charging when you took that photo? If so, yeah, that's not right...

Yeah I was supercharging, you can see the button says "Stop charging". Same screen when I charge off AC as well. You'd think they would run regression tests on their code...

Got mine today. Still wondering why my 2018 with upgraded MCU and FSD beta can't stream sentry from the car to my phone. And, of course, no blind spot repeaters...
tbf, current blind spot repeater implementation is useless, it's not on the instrument cluster, but on the central screen for left camera. In other words totally in the wrong place than where you are supposed to be looking.

Reactions: Art VandeIay
Totally agree on the blind spot camera function. What they were thinking other than getting people habituated to never looking outside the car, I have no idea

it's there, but of course for reasons unknwon Tesla does not want you to see it.

On every other car I've owned, accessing these data was as simple as doing a button dance and voila, access to alternator voltage, various temperatures and sender voltages or converted values for various senders, torque request, throttle position, etc. Sad they don't let us have this, I understand this is now a rotating access code to even enter this menu now

2020 MXP here, still stuck on older UI and FSD 10.6.1. Usually, I'd want the update ASAP, but I don't mind waiting... perhaps they're fixing some bugs? At any rate, I'm fine with the older UI and FSD 10.6.1 works OK for me. Is anyone in a similar situation?
Given the fact you have down voted every single post I have made in favor of the new UI I am surprised you would ever want to go near it! LOL

• Funny
Reactions: ContrarianDC
For me, I couldn't care less about the new UI. I just want the FSD 10.8 upgrade (currently on 10.6.1). They shouldn't be bundled together.
But apparently you DO care about the new update...you have down voted every single post of mine about v11 in the Model 3 section...you seem to agree with everyone that hates the new UI and down vote anyone that says they like it...seems like a lot of caring to me!! I get your user name now! LOL

• Funny
2020 Model XP here. No updates yet. And I'm also puzzled and disappointed by the fact that we don't get the blind spot camera function. It feels like we're being left out of quite a few things. On the other hand, I'm glad that we don't have an in-cabin camera that nags people constantly.
Oh you'd hate the blind spot cameras just as much as you hate everything else about v11 that you don't even have yet! LOL

• Funny
I like it overall, other than the butt heater thing, which hopefully one day will be fixed with additional degrees of freedom on the launch bar after the enormous amount of bitching from others, but I'm pretty happy with this on mine, so far. I never got to experience the age of legends when the legacy cars had a speedometer and such, I have only ever lived with weird phone-like interfaces that only sometimes, or at best, usually work until mid-year when they finally got the 2021 software sorta stable. This build seems a lot quicker to respond and less likely to reject a tap and such, which annoyed the crap out of me when you'd tap an app like theatre or charge screen (lol, guess that's not fixed for everyone) or the homelink and it'd just sit there and look at you and you'd look at it and it would be cat monkey dot meme. They all launch reliably now. Hope they don't break it.

I like it overall, other than the butt heater thing, which hopefully one day will be fixed with additional degrees of freedom on the launch bar after the enormous amount of bitching from others, but I'm pretty happy with this on mine, so far. I never got to experience the age of legends when the legacy cars had a speedometer and such, I have only ever lived with weird phone-like interfaces that only sometimes work until mid-year when they finally got the 2021 software sorta stable.
You didn't miss much! And you certainly didn't miss a paper map for getting around!

By the way, in case anyone is wondering, auto-wipers on the legacy Model X still suck ass on V11. So that's the same, for anybody worried about losing their terrible automatic wiper feature, or worried about the button being buried in an additional submenu (it's in the same spot btw). So, rest easy, the autowipers are still worse than the going on 20 year old Bosch and Continental-sourced off the shelf systems used by other OEMs

Luckily we have a stalk for that, so, non-issue

2020 MXP here, still stuck on older UI and FSD 10.6.1. Usually, I'd want the update ASAP, but I don't mind waiting... perhaps they're fixing some bugs? At any rate, I'm fine with the older UI and FSD 10.6.1 works OK for me. Is anyone in a similar situation?
I was until yesterday. Got it last night Dec27. Ran around some with it today. 10.6.1 is a *sugar* show. 10.8 is far from perfect, but quite a bit better, I am sure you will get it soon.

Got the update installed. It’s kinda blah to me.

Nothing really all that awesome and the button row layout with dead space looks odd to me. There is plenty of space for the heated/cooled seat buttons. Control of the subwoofer is cool.

Fonts seem “crisper” but all in all - nothing too earth shattering for us legacy folks. Haven’t tried the perpendicular auto parking and wonder if any auto summon functions are more “precise”.

I did notice the drivers door sensor is fixed and it fully opens now. Wasn’t the case with the previous version, even with nothing anywhere near the door.

Got the upgrade

I kinda like it, believe it or not! I have no issues navigating through the screen.

The one thing I dont like, at least so far, is the screen is too dark at night, My guess is with enough complaints its a very easy bug fix which they will take care of

It would be nice to have the blind spot cameras, but I wont miss it. When I drive, I always use the mirrors and do not look down at my screen when changing lanes. Sounds like a major distraction, especially if the video appears on the middle screen. I mean, who looks there when changing lanes??

Plus, if I really need to look, what's wrong with the animation screen directly in front of me? shows the same information if theres a vehicle there.

I would like a blind spot audio alert though.

As for streaming sentry mode…well…cool, but wont be missed. If I need to monitor my car's surroundings, like maybe watching if someone is trying to break in, then what are the odds of me tuning in at the time the event happens?