Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone get 'the text' yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I changed from Hire Purchase to cash on Friday. Got a text this morning asking if they could call me. They called about five minutes later to go through details and then said my car is ready to pick up on Saturday :)

So just sorting out insurance now. Had a quote from Chruchill for £302 but £850 Excess! But looking at go compare this seems like the best deal by far.

I changed from Hire Purchase to cash on Friday. Got a text this morning asking if they could call me. They called about five minutes later to go through details and then said my car is ready to pick up on Saturday :)

So just sorting out insurance now. Had a quote from Chruchill for £302 but £850 Excess! But looking at go compare this seems like the best deal by far.
Congrats! They can probably close the cash deals quicker than HP and I'd say that what they are doing for the Q2 end push.

Thanks Lee3.

I'm picking up from the Dartford Service, which is handy as it's only 25 mins away from my location.

My car is a P Midnight silver with white interior, performance pack. It does also still show as having FSD although I have spoken to a few of their sales team over the last few weeks and also emailed a number of times to have this removed. So I'm still not 100 percent sure what I'm getting on Saturday.

Thats my delivery location too. Mind you I took a drive over there yesterday morning and apart from a single random red M3 with Netherlands plates in the car park you would not think they are anywhere near to having anything to satisfying any M3 orders as yet. I guess this week is when the Grand Mark stock begins to land.

And that also debunks the theory of only deliveries coming out of Heathrow too.

Go compare isn't really quoting for the RHD model 3 that listing is technically the LHD import that is floating around on their lists, we have to wait for all the main insurers to update their systems but can't see £302 being beat! My quote is £1300+ so...

I'm still not 100 percent sure what I'm getting on Saturday.

Your final invoice will be available for download on My Tesla web page

Note that you HAVE to pay, by bank transfer, BEFORE collecting the car ... so you will have to resolve that before payment ... let alone collection

Had a quote from Chruchill for £302

Sorry,a bit Belt&Braces, but for anyone other than Direct Line, I recommend checking that they aren't quoting as a "LHD Import"

There have been a number of those where Insurance company says that they can quote for M3 and the Operator looked up "M3" on their system, found the Import model, and gave a quote on that basis.

As I understand it insurance for a LHD Import would not be valid on a RHD car ... even though not really your fault

Also possible (although i can't imagine why ...) that IMPORT quote might be cheaper ...

Reactions: Rooster6655
Thanks Wannebe.

I don't think I have the final invoice yet. I guess they send that through once they've allocated a registration number to the vin which they say should be in the next 48 hours? I'll be in contact with my bank as soon as I know that thanks for the heads up.

In regards to the insurance. I'm not sure, I seem to remember them asking if it's RHD but then I've spoken to about four different insurers this morning so it maybe that it was one of the other ones. I hope not as the next cheapest was £650.

I changed from Hire Purchase to cash on Friday. Got a text this morning asking if they could call me. They called about five minutes later to go through details and then said my car is ready to pick up on Saturday :).
Did you already have a Vin hidden in the manage source code (someone please remind me and make it a sticky as I keep forgetting where I see it so just keep searching for "vin" - not sure if that will return similar info)? Roughly what spec/reservation/order info is yours?

We only have a small value trade in to sort, otherwise we are cash. Its just a convenience thing adding it to the order. Would hate to think that it is having a detrimental effect on our order progression. I think there are plenty of more worthy orders ahead of ours at present considering the numbers of known vehicles arriving this side of the pond, but if we are being knocked back simply because we have a trade in, I'll consider removing it if its adding a significant delay.

Hi Vanilla,

Yes I've had the vin for quite some time and you can find it by opening the source code in chrome and searching 5YJ if I remember correctly.

My spec is the performance with the P pack, Midnight silver with white interior. I did have FSD but have now had it removed. I'm not sure what order number I was. I have my RN but does the number reflect an actual queue number? If it's any help the first of the last three digits of my RN start with a 7 and the other two are below 50. Does it actually matter if I show those numbers on the forum?

I can't say if me changing from Hire Purchase to Cash made the difference as the impression I got from the lady on the phone was that my car had been pretty much ready for the past few weeks.

Hopefully you'll get a call soon!

Thanks Lee3.

I'm picking up from the Dartford Service, which is handy as it's only 25 mins away from my location.

My car is a P Midnight silver with white interior, performance pack. It does also still show as having FSD although I have spoken to a few of their sales team over the last few weeks and also emailed a number of times to have this removed. So I'm still not 100 percent sure what I'm getting on Saturday.

That's pretty much the same spec as my order (I've kept FSD, but otherwise identical) that I'm collecting from the same place on Friday! They better not have bumped me (as a HP purchaser) for a cash buyer ;)