TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Anyone get 'the text' yet?

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Calisaar, Jun 14, 2019.

1. BubblegumPete

BubblegumPete Member

Update regarding the insurance. So I was quoted £302 from Churchill. I rang them back to make sure it was definitely for RHD, which it is. But... and maybe this was me being stupid, the £302 was based on the remaining months I have on my outstanding insurance. I have policy with them already with my car so the quote was based on swapping out the other car with the Tesla.

As it happens it's still a better deal than any of the other quotes I have and overall works out about £570 a year. I think he mentioned it was about £30 more a month than the car I have at the moment. Which seems a lot but the car I have at the moment is a Volvo v40 from 1999 :)

• Like x 1
  2. Calisaar

Calisaar Member

That's very similar to my Direct Line quote. Churchill was a bit dearer when you added PNC

3. LEE3

LEE3 Member

I guess everyone else is now receiving a text from Tesla clarifying the grant removal. Nothing to worry about as we suspected.

• Like x 1
  4. BubblegumPete

BubblegumPete Member

Literally just come through now.

5. Compuguide

Compuguide Member

I have been lurking here since placing my order in early may.
    Today I registered so that I could post the following:
    I got the "Your order has been modified" email from Tesla with a link to my Tesla account
    Clicking the link briefly displayed the following:
    upload_2019-6-26_16-56-8.png
    Then about a second later the website reverted back to what it has been displaying since I placed my order:
    upload_2019-6-26_16-55-13.png
    I have tried both Firefox and Chrome, with the same results.
    Anyone else noticed this?

Attached Files:

6. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Well-Known Member

Longshot:

Just to clarify: are you referring to "Website shows one thing and then very shortly after shows something different" and this is repeatable.

That is certainly the case with its international capabilities - e.g. you would see the USA version of the page, very swiftly replaced with the UK version (once it figures out your IP address is UK based, or from a cookie, whatever). Sometimes it can't figure out the country and displays a list of countries for your to pick UK from

(Is particularly annoying if someone from another country provides a link as you see the UK version of that ... rather than what-they-actually-saw in their country)

Whether that is what you are seeing I'm not sure ...

P.S. I've never seen the "power of attorney" version, only the "all registered users must be present" version

7. Compuguide

Compuguide Member

Yes, I think you got it in one.
    The link Tesla emailed me looks like it is a non-UK link, probably US (see1. below)
    After the website automatically changes the web address reflects "en_GB" (see2. below)
    [I have removed my RN number]
    1. Tesla SSO – Login.
    2. Tesla SSO – Login.

• Like x 1
  8. WannabeOwner

Yup, that sounds exactly like it. I have seen a "&redirect=no" suffix on the URL. If you are of the Geeky persuasion?! you could try bolting that on the first URL and see if it stays onscreen, but the "en_GB" URL element is when the page redirects to the UK version

9. Calisaar

Calisaar Member

A recent news article states that Tesla are still on coarse to break their quarterly delivery record

Tesla Is ‘On Track To Set All-Time Record’ Of Delivery, Elon Musk Confirms

One part stood out for me:-
    I'm not sure if he's talking about US cars (seems unlikely) or the logistical delays in the international orders.

Another thing worries me a little, I have been involved in these type of 'big push' things with companies in the past, where all leave is cancelled and lots of overtime goes in. Once the milestone passes the staff get to take the holidays they postponed and the general efficiency drops so our cars in July would be even less likely.

10. Peteski

Peteski Active Member

Yes definitely a switch from US to UK version, which would never use the term "power of attorney". I get a similar thing when I go into the custom order pages i.e. it briefly shows pricing in $ and then switches to £ a second or two later.

11. WannabeOwner

I assumed it was logistics within USA as realistic to get Customer-A to local of Vehicle-B (or move B to A :) )

I don't reckon it is viable to move a car from Norway to make a sale in e.g. Belgium as my guess is the paperwork would be a non-starter!

12. LEE3

LEE3 Member

Im really surprised we are not hearing of many more collections on here or any other of the social media platforms. No new pics of trailers on UK roads either. I would have thought some of the RHD cars from the grand mark would have at least been spotted out and about. Maybe anyone who has had or will shortly be collecting can shed some light on how much stock the centres now seem to have as it feels like apart from those initial sightings last Thursday there hasn’t been much else seen.

13. Tony Hoyle

Tony Hoyle Member

There have been pictures of trailers.. one on the M6 today.

No evidence of large numbers of cars though.. nothing to suggest we're beyond the first 200.

• Informative x 2
  14. WannabeOwner

I reckon that Tesla can only handover the original 200-ish batch before end Q2 - Saturday, I doubt they are even looking at any from later batches (assuming they can't process them before end Q2) o that they maximise what they get cash for for Q2 "push"

Next week normality will return.

15. dazjdash

dazjdash Member

Had two calls today regarding my collection from Dartford - both to push the time back further.

Reason for there being no 3's at the Dartford SC yet - they're not there, they're at Heathrow! So this all ties together. They've pushed me back from 9am to the afternoon because they need time for the cars to arrive and be prepped. It's like Christmas and being told by your parents you can't open your present until after dinner! :D
    Mind you - not certain why they took them to Heathrow from Dover / Sheerness as they go past Dartford en route...

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  16. BubblegumPete

BubblegumPete Member

#96 BubblegumPete, Jun 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    Is that tomorrow or Saturday? I'm picking up on Saturday so if that's the same day as you I might see you there.

(EDIT) Just remembered you're a Friday delivery.

17. BubblegumPete

BubblegumPete Member

I'll take my camera on Saturday and take some pics.

• Like x 3
  18. dazjdash

dazjdash Member

It's tomorrow (Friday). They did ask if I wanted to be pushed back to Saturday, but I'm impatient and like shiny things (and it gives me a good excuse to get out of work early on a Friday afternoon)

• Like x 4
  19. BubblegumPete

BubblegumPete Member

Ha ha don't blame you, what an awesome way to start the weekend.

Other than the far superior acceleration the thing I'm looking forward to most on my Model 3 is an air conditioner that works, especially in this heat wave we're meant to be getting. Although to be fair, my Volvo v40 is twenty years old :)

20. zayn

zayn Member

no RHD UK reviews on YouTube or Instagram? are RHD model 3 owners hiding :D