Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone get 'the text' yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...have no more information than anyone else but...

I could not agree more with you @LEE3 and many others on this forum who are frustrated at the poor handling of the early reservation and early order process. However, it's probably not as bad as some on here try and make out that they know it to be.

There are a few on this forum where "a little knowledge..." Talking as if they know about what's going on within Tesla and attempting to justify it by throwing a few vessel names around, mentioning VIN allocation garbage, talking logistic lead times that are unknown and news jargon such as "Q2" targets that they've read in the news. All of it made up with speculation full of partial knowledge presented as facts. Then after wasting everyone else's time wading through their fictuon/fact muddled essay posts go and accuse other members of wasting their presious time. Just for venting perfectly justified and understandable frustration about the lack of communication from Tesla not helped by these works of fact-fiction.

I believe all we can actually rely on is sharing what we are actually told by Tesla staff (however unreliable), our own UK Mode 3 order/delivery experiences along with our vehicle specifications, order dates and reservation dates (if we made one).

We should all feel ok to share and vent our frustrations, excitement and experiences. Plus our respect and admiration or otherwise of Tesla. After all, the vast majority of us on here have fallen in love with a great product and can't wait to get our hands on one. Come what may... June/July/August or September (almost!).

If that is the case, it's more than disappointing.

It won't be. I think most of the speculation around VIN allocation is pointless.

Some of us ordered on Day 1 in March 2016 at which point indications were it would be about 1.5 years before UK would get the car... £1000 at this point (be interesting to know what this value would be now if it had been invested instead).

Quite a bit more and double if we had invested in a couple of biotech stocks I follow. But easily quite a bit more than zero. Plus, we paid our deposit for some sort of priority that was promised or eluded. Even if that was in the form of priority communication surrounding lead times and which options would expedite our orders (be it spec/finance etc.).

Eventually (over 3 years later) orders were opened in UK and we were told June delivery (and by this point they knew how many reservations they had, so how many cars they needed to deliver). We have therefore paid another £2000, arranged finance, selling current cars etc...

Plus the order process wasn't open to early reservation holders first allowing non-reservation holders to get in earlier. Not that this is a bad thing, just that it further devalued the reservation fee.

isn't something that can be done quickly or 'on a whim'....
I do understand the issues... Tesla ...know timescales to get cars to the UK. As a result this is genuinely misleading customers - even now the website says deliveries start in July for new orders.QUOTE]

Completely agree. But I don't think it will be a long a wait as September for early reservation and early May orders. :)

Reactions: RamsfanJim