TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Anyone get their ca rebate application yet?

Discussion in 'California' started by contaygious, Dec 13, 2012.

1. contaygious

contaygious Active Member

I filled out the form online, but never received the email with the application.

2. Zextraterrestrial

#2 Zextraterrestrial, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
    I did the same thing - same results so far.

I did get a confirmation e-mail though and it said they will review it and contact me in 3-5 days

...But I didn't send any documentation... still don't have registration

3. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

I filled it out and got the confirmation, and check about 10 days later for my Rav4 EV. Make sure that you include all the documentation they request.

4. strider

strider Active Member

Yeah, it's been a couple years since I've done this.... I need to wait to get my registration from the DMV before I can submit the paperwork correct?

5. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

#5 Lloyd, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
    You have to have a tag number (license plate) to complete the paperwork. So the sooner you get your info to the DMV the quicker you can get the CA rebate in hand.

Edit..................

My mistake, it was the HOV stickers that required the tags. Tommy's post below is correct.

6. Sig698

Sig698 Model S Sig Perf #698

Got mine, took 3-4 weeks.

7. Tommy

Tommy Member

FWIW, I filled out my paperwork and submitted a copy of the New Vehicle Dealer Notice Temporary Identification form that the DS attached to the front windshield at time of my delivery. I called the CVRP staff (858.244.1177) to confirm this was an acceptable document for the "Proof of temporary or permanent vehicle registration" requirement listed below and the staff confirmed it was. Different advise is being given out on the forum and I wanted to double check I was ok so I should know for sure in about 10 days I guess. I do know it can take up to two months to get a permanent registration from the DMV and I didn't want to wait until I had that form of "proof" as the funds are being depleted alot faster with all the S' being delivered. Below is the requirements in the email they send with the application to sign:

Good Luck!

8. contaygious

contaygious Active Member

I just got my application. I need to get the paperwork from Tesla though that is required. I don't have the documents signed by them and me in ink.

9. Tommy

Tommy Member

I used the DocuSign document i signed via the email link Tesla sent, it's a 40+ page document, however pages 2-5 are the MVPA (Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement) which is the legal agreement between purchaser and Tesla and has the electronically generated signatures on the document that are valid and legally binding as if you and the Tesla representative penned them yourselves.

10. strider

strider Active Member

Thanks for the tip about the docusign copy - has Kyle's signature on it so good to go. Submitted my electronic form. Looks like there is still ~$4 million available. Rebate Funding Status

11. TonyWilliams

TonyWilliams Active Member

I applied Nov 5 after a Nov 4 purchase of the Rav4, and got the check Saturday, Dec 14.

I hand delivered the application and photocopied the required documents at the CCSE office.

12. JohnEC

JohnEC S 00443

I filled out the online form and within a couple of days received the email w/application and requirements. I sent in the copied stuff and signed app last Monday. Today I received an email indicating that my application was approved and that I should receive a check within 60 days.

13. napabill

napabill Active Member

Wow, it was $10 million just 4 weeks ago.

14. strider

strider Active Member

Well, the "remaining funds" is $8 million but $4 million is reserved so that leaves $4 million for new buyers.

15. MikeK

MikeK R#129, TSLA shareholder

I got my email confirmation today that funds are reserved for me. I submitted the online application a few days ago. So, tonight I'll do the paperwork and get it on its way!

16. strider

strider Active Member

Same here. Need to peel the reg sticker off the window and make a copy. Then drop it all into the mail.

17. roblab

roblab Active Member

I put my check in the bank today. No problems at all, took about a month: Got an email saying my paperwork was approved, then another week and the check came.

18. markb1

markb1 Active Member

I don't think there's any overlap between "remaining funds" and "currently reserved", based on the pie chart on the same page. ("Allocated" in the pie chart is equal to "reserved" plus "issued".)

As of today, there's $7,918,279 remaining. But that's only 3,167 rebates at $2,500 each. Hope there's still some left when I get my 60kWh S.

19. tenstringer009

Looking at the remaining funds available, I'd guess that the CVRP rebate will run out in February or March (~$6.7M available, an average of 1500 applications per month going forward averaging $2k/application). If that's the case, has anyone heard of additional funding being allocated before the rebate funds run out?

Alternatively, if additional funding comes in for the FY13/FY14 year, could a car bought before July 1, 2013 apply for FY13/FY14 funds? Looking at the CVRP requirements page, it looks like that may be a possibility.

20. DrTaras

DrTaras R254->R725->S1364-->X769