Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone get their ca rebate application yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You have to have a tag number (license plate) to complete the paperwork. So the sooner you get your info to the DMV the quicker you can get the CA rebate in hand.

Edit..................

My mistake, it was the HOV stickers that required the tags. Tommy's post below is correct.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's been a couple years since I've done this.... I need to wait to get my registration from the DMV before I can submit the paperwork correct?

FWIW, I filled out my paperwork and submitted a copy of the New Vehicle Dealer Notice Temporary Identification form that the DS attached to the front windshield at time of my delivery. I called the CVRP staff (858.244.1177) to confirm this was an acceptable document for the "Proof of temporary or permanent vehicle registration" requirement listed below and the staff confirmed it was. Different advise is being given out on the forum and I wanted to double check I was ok so I should know for sure in about 10 days I guess. I do know it can take up to two months to get a permanent registration from the DMV and I didn't want to wait until I had that form of "proof" as the funds are being depleted alot faster with all the S' being delivered. Below is the requirements in the email they send with the application to sign:

In addition, the following documentation must be mailed along with the signed application:

Proof of temporary or permanent vehicle registration requirement. A copy of the Application for New Vehicle Registration submitted by the dealer to the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) is acceptable proof of temporary vehicle registration if submitted within one year of sale.
A copy of the sales or lease contract signed by all parties with an itemization of credits, discounts and incentives received, if applicable.
For individuals, a copy of a utility or cable bill from within the last 3 months or other valid form of California residency. Other forms of valid proof include a signed, dated, and notarized rental agreement or a copy of current DMV registration for a different vehicle. A California driver license is not an acceptable proof of residency.
For Businesses: For a business or nonprofit, a copy of the formation document filed with the California Secretary of State or other documentation as approved by the California Center for Sustainable Energy. Sole proprietors may submit a copy of a utility or cable bill from within the last 3 months, a current vehicle DMV registration or a notarized rental agreement.

Good Luck!

I used the DocuSign document i signed via the email link Tesla sent, it's a 40+ page document, however pages 2-5 are the MVPA (Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement) which is the legal agreement between purchaser and Tesla and has the electronically generated signatures on the document that are valid and legally binding as if you and the Tesla representative penned them yourselves.

I filled out the online form and within a couple of days received the email w/application and requirements. I sent in the copied stuff and signed app last Monday. Today I received an email indicating that my application was approved and that I should receive a check within 60 days.

Well, the "remaining funds" is $8 million but $4 million is reserved so that leaves $4 million for new buyers.

I don't think there's any overlap between "remaining funds" and "currently reserved", based on the pie chart on the same page. ("Allocated" in the pie chart is equal to "reserved" plus "issued".)

As of today, there's $7,918,279 remaining. But that's only 3,167 rebates at $2,500 each. Hope there's still some left when I get my 60kWh S.

Looking at the remaining funds available, I'd guess that the CVRP rebate will run out in February or March (~$6.7M available, an average of 1500 applications per month going forward averaging $2k/application). If that's the case, has anyone heard of additional funding being allocated before the rebate funds run out?

Alternatively, if additional funding comes in for the FY13/FY14 year, could a car bought before July 1, 2013 apply for FY13/FY14 funds? Looking at the CVRP requirements page, it looks like that may be a possibility.