TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Anyone get their non-piano black center console?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Kesler, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Kesler

Kesler Member

I was added to the carbon fiber decor waitlist last August and tesla online orders said "[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]We estimate the console will become available to those recently added to the list in the spring." Just wondering if anyone got it since it is spring now.[/FONT]

2. Zroiron

Zroiron Poodle Pack Leader

I suspect that Hell will freeze over before we see them! We went on the wait list last March and still waiting!! Not a word either! Im real close to going with the Evannex aftermarket console, since they have all the color options!!:cool:

3. Brit4864

Brit4864 Member

Just go with the Evannex one. It's pretty good quality and matches the leather trim quite well. One advantage is you can remove it and take it with you when you upgrade to a P85D...like I did :wink:

4. Barry

Barry Member

It didn't specify which year of Spring.

5. joefee

joefee Over 2 Million TMC page views

They're being shipped from Mars!

6. Phil K

Phil K Member

We don't even have a wait list here. Only a list for piano black.

7. beegee

beegee Member

Tesla does actually have a wait list for the other trims if you Email them. I have been on that for a while waiting for the Obeche matte finish for about a year. The guys at the service center pulled one of the piano black versions out of the box to show me; it did look pretty nice.

8. Phil K

Phil K Member

I did but they referred me back to the local SC, which only has a wait list for piano black and no idea when the other trims will be available, if ever.

9. GoBlue88

GoBlue88 Member

Nope. Been on the wait list for Obeche Gloss for a year.

10. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Active Member

I've been on the carbon fiber wait list since October 2013.

11. pan

pan Member

When I ordered mine in March I was told early fall. I cancelled the wait list and ordered the piano black to go with my glossy Obeche. When I get the car next week, in transit to Denver, I'll report on how it looks.

12. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin Model S Perf Sig 1055

Perhaps I missed it, but I didn't see where you can order a Tesla Center Console on the Design Studio, and I didn't see it at the Tesla store.

How does one go about ordering any type of Tesla console?

Larry

13. Musterion

Musterion 18h 03m 37s −24° 23′ 12″

Here's the shop link: Tesla Gear Shop Premium Front Console - Piano Black

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the thread on the wait list queue.
    Premium Console Waiting List
    You can find your number by asking. I happen to be #835, waiting since 2013...

14. llavalle

llavalle Member

Somewhere around Montreal in Quebec, Canada
    Number #4650 on the waiting list (not kidding). Obeche matte. On list since Dec 1st 2014.

15. joefee

joefee Over 2 Million TMC page views

Mars Global Surveyor (1996): 308 days X (trip to Tesla Mars distribution center and back to Earth) 2 = almost 2 years...should be here any day now!

16. supratachophobia

supratachophobia Active Member

Others with different trims have ordered the piano black console and been very happy with it. We are talking about a 3x4" piece of plastic as the only differentiation. Center console is so worth it (to have, the $600 price tag is still debatable), so just go ahead and order the piano black.

17. napabill

napabill Active Member

Obeche Matte, Tan ordered late November, 2013. I am #1,230 on the so-called waitlist. Believe that is for all finishes. Not sure where I stand in Obeche finish list. Right now I'm not sure I'll get before I sell the car. Tesla ought to be seriously embarrassed by this whole thing.

18. sorka

sorka Active Member

I had the piano black installed at delivery. I don't even notice the difference. Not only that, but the door with that trim on it is usually always open anyways. Closed, because of how low it is, it doesn't look out of place. The Tesla center console is way better than the evannex one and actually uses all of the space unlike the evannex. Plus the cup holders can be configured for size and position. Its very clever. Me being one to complain about lack of pockets and other storage in the car, the Tesla center console is so good it almost makes up for the other shortcomings.

....but not the lack of lighted vanity mirrors and grab rails :)

19. bhuwan

bhuwan Active Member

How is it?

20. Doutt

Doutt Member

i received a call that my carbon fiber center console is in and they are installing it on the 15th.
    I've asked for pictures as I really don't remember what I ordered... 1.5 years ago.

For anyone who has one setup for an iPhone, how does that work? Does it work with any iPhone in a case or not?