Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone getting 2 Years Free Supercharging/Upgrades

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why is it a “piece of crap”? Wasn’t the incentive specifically for inventory cars?

Any order should qualify for the two-year free SC. The two free upgrades was only supposed for pending orders matching inventory cars, though some folks were able to take advantage of the chaos even if they placed new orders.

The real reason could be that an order placed on 08/15 may not be qualified, even the delivery took place on 09/24.

My order was placed 09/20 and delivered 09/28. I had the SA sending over a written confirmation of the two-year free SC.

Reactions: Someguy4747
The 2 year free was a promotion to get people to order at the end of the quarter.
You already ordered without the promotion, if you were happy the day you ordered without free supercharging ; I am not sure why you are unhappy now

No different than all of the old owners of the 3 complaining at every price drop

When I buy airline tickets I know some on the plane paid less than me for the same type of seat, it does not bother me though.

Any order should qualify for the two-year free SC. The two free upgrades was only supposed for pending orders matching inventory cars, though some folks were able to take advantage of the chaos even if they placed new orders.

The real reason could be that an order placed on 08/15 may not be qualified, even the delivery took place on 09/24.

My order was placed 09/20 and delivered 09/28. I had the SA sending over a written confirmation of the two-year free SC.

Yes Tesla's referral dept (which I believe is administering this program?) is draconian about order date vs delivery date.

I asked in the UK and the free charging was not available as the incentive was to sell inventory cars only which is in the US.
There were no inventory cars available in the UK .
However Tesla shares went up as a result of all the sales, which was good news
Every cloud has a silver lining :)

I picked up mine on Sept. 14, 2019 and was seeing 2K miles on my online account details. I figured I missed the free 2 years and just let it go. Today, out of nowhere, I saw this on my account details page:
"Free Supercharging until 2021-10-07T00:00:00-04:00"
If this is the free 2 years, I'll take it!

I picked up mine on Sept. 14, 2019 and was seeing 2K miles on my online account details. I figured I missed the free 2 years and just let it go. Today, out of nowhere, I saw this on my account details page:
"Free Supercharging until 2021-10-07T00:00:00-04:00"
If this is the free 2 years, I'll take it!

Lucky you. I picked my car up on Sept 14, 2019 too and was told I would get 2 years free SC. I am down to 734 km free left. I started with 3000 Km free. I've been checking my online account and loot box and don't see any indication of 2 years free SC.

I took delivery on 9/18. Like others I was told that if I took delivery by 10/1 I would get two free years of supercharging. Also if they had a car on the ground or in transit that was my spec I could get up to two free upgrades free. Never was the word "or" used. I got a paint upgrade.

After following up I'm being told like others in this thread that it was "or"

Anyone have any luck and getting the free supercharging after being told that it was one or the other? What did you do?

My account now shows: Free Supercharging until 2021-10-07T00:00:00-08:00

LR AWD. Pressed the SA for the "free" color, wheel & SC upgrades leading up to the 9/21/19 delivery date. Of course, wheel/color upgrades denied, but verbally informed I "should" get the free 2yr SC. Until the message above, only read "free supercharging activated" or something like that.

But, tested a few local SCs at random likely busy times, and all were a fail here in Southern California (long lines, incorrect availability due to broken chargers, etc). So after all begging/pleading, sticking with home charging & reserving SCs only for trips.

Anyone else still waiting on two years of free SC to kick in?

I ordered and took delivery in the promotion’s allotted time window. And on October 30 they said my case had been accepted, but STILL hasn’t kicked in.

I’m growing more and more frustrated as time goes on. I’ve received better customer service at In-N-Out.

Unfortunately Tesla is not the best company when it comes to customer service. #1 it's the least helpful. #2 no incentives #3 communication is terrible #4 service is terrible (takes forever to repair, parts take forever).

The only thing that keeps it going for me is engineering, but there are only so many geeks who can afford Tesla. I know some people cannot afford (or barely when financing) but still getting it on the promise of FSD. But even there I'm starting to see some serious stagnation, indicating either lack of professional resources or simple hardware limit. I don't know how long Tesla can milk FSD cow, but at some point it fails to deliver and it will be the end, Tesla will have to payout FSD $$$ back to people who paid for it. At that point competition will catch up, superchargers will not matter anymore as charging networks will be omnipresent.