Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone getting 2 Years Free Supercharging/Upgrades

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all.. I plan to take delivery of a new Model 3 performance in late December'19. Has anyone heard anything about offers like these for Tesla year end?

They are never announced in advance like that.
Show up 12/13 and see if they are offering anything for taking delivery before end of year.
If you are flexible about paint color, options, etc... you stand a better chance of being matched to an already made car which is your best odds at getting any kind of deal and actually getting your car before year end anyway with a mid December order date.
if you must have your exact config. and want a Dec delivery, just order now and forget about any deals.

With the Federal Rebate expiring at year end, they may not be as incentivized to boost numbers for quarter end.
Q3 had nothing like that as a comparison so made sense why they threw in some late perks.
Both Q4 2018 and Q2 2019 did have a federal rebate aspect so more similar than Q3 2019.
All really depends on what sales/deliveries look like this month and next.

Judging by the way Tesla rolled out incentives at the end of the September quarter (and it seems at the end of every quarter), if I could do it over again, I would definitely have waited to place my order until the last week or two before the end of the quarter. I got swayed by the polite persistence to place my order sooner than later when my gut told me to wait. As a result, I missed out on the incentives by about 6 days. I ended up getting 2 years of free supercharging after my order was placed but it was touch and go had to jump through a lot of hoops and send a lengthy email to my Tesla sales rep to put pressure on them to make it happen (much of this is really out of their control and what they can and can’t do changes daily). I ordered my M3 on September 6th and took delivery on September 17th.

I ordered my M3 on September 6th and took delivery on September 17th. The 2 year "Free Supercharging is currently enabled" notice appeared on my account on October 3rd. Had a bit of back and forth with my Ownership Advisor on this (as well as the other incentives) as my order was placed 4 days prior to all the quarter end incentive being launched (even though I hadn't taken delivery). I ended up writing a strong email making my case and stating that I would only take delivery on the 17th if they confirmed I would receive the free 2 Year supercharging in writing which they did. Given all the back and forth on the incentives enlightened me on how much control the local Ownership Advisors really have (which isn't much and seems to change every day especially with the end of the quarter specials) and even though I received an email from my Ownership Advisor that I would be awarded this, I really wasn't that confident I was going to get it but I'm thankful that it finally came through (better than a kick in the pants :)). I also used a referal code when I placed my order but I didn't get the 2K free referral miles as they were only offering the standard 1K at the time of my order (which Tesla bumped to 2K four days later as part of their end of quarter incentives). I know some owners who took delivery in September got both the 2K referral miles as well as the 2 Year free supercharging but this sees hit or miss. Now that I have the miles I wonder if I'll ever use them? Seems like getting a slot at a supercharging station in the Los Angeles metropolitan area is quite a challenge. However, if and when I take a road trip then this will be beneficial. Have to say between what is handed down and communicated (often poorly) from Tesla Head office to the Ownership Advisors and inconsistencies and lack of training at the Delivery Center it was a pretty mixed bag for me. It's a good job that they make a car that basically sells itself.

Last edited:
.... I know some owners who took delivery in September got both the 2K referral miles as well as the 2 Year free supercharging but this sees hit or miss. Now that I have the miles I wonder if I'll ever use them? Seems like getting a slot at a supercharging station in the Los Angeles metropolitan area is quite a challenge. However, if and when I take a road trip then this will be beneficial. Have to say between what is handed down and communicated (often poorly) from Tesla Head office to the Ownership Advisors and inconsistencies and lack of training at the Delivery Center it was a pretty mixed bag for me. It's a good job that they make a car that basically sells itself.

I got the 2000 miles credit (shows up in the loot box in app) for using a referral link and also the 2-year credit (shows up in account details) for end-of-quarter promotion, but the sales guy says 2000 miles will expire in 6 months so the 2-year promo will supercede it.

I heard about this "Ownership Advisor" guy... I was never assigned one. Is he the sales guy who followed up with me after the test drive? Or the delivery guy (my car was delivered to my house)?

I got the 2000 miles credit (shows up in the loot box in app) for using a referral link and also the 2-year credit (shows up in account details) for end-of-quarter promotion, but the sales guy says 2000 miles will expire in 6 months so the 2-year promo will supercede it.

I heard about this "Ownership Advisor" guy... I was never assigned one. Is he the sales guy who followed up with me after the test drive? Or the delivery guy (my car was delivered to my house)?

The sales guy is your OA. I got the 2K free referral as well but yes they are kind of pointless if getting 2 free years as they will disappear before the free supercharging does. Was useful for a no cost supercharge toward end of Sept. but same value as 300 free miles would have been.

Reactions: dchobo
I got my car on the 30th and it was enabled a couple days later.

One weird bug... The supercharging readout on my car has been stuck at $7.36 since I bought it. I am guessing that has something to do with them topping up the car before transferring it to my account.

It shows the last "paid" SC amount. I took delivery on 09/28 without SC readout, but got a number later after using SC for $8.xx. Couple of days later the free SC was enabled in my account - since then any SC won't count at all, and the previous number and date stuck forever. I'd assume it would eventually start updating after two years...

So in your case I believe they did top up your car using SC. I live ~10 mi away from their Fremont factory and mine only got 14 mi when arrived (delivery guy said it was 3 mi when leaving), with 51% power left.

Still waiting as well, purchased on 9/13, took delivery on 9/22

Wouldn't you know it, I just checked the web page again because I was hoping to use the super charger this weekend, and the free supercharging has been activated! So hopefully it means they'll start getting to some of the others waiting i this thread!

However, I was hoping someone could help me decipher what's shown on my web page. Under supercharging, I now have listed:

"Free Supercharging until 2021-10-17T20:53:01-07:00"

So I get the first part, I have free supercharging until 10/17/2021 (2 years from today), but not sure what the time stamps the that follow the expiration date mean. Do I have free supercharging only until exactly 8:53:01 PM on 10/17/2021, or until 7:00 AM, or ? Not that it matters at all, but I thought it was a bit odd to have those times listed. Hope it doesn't mean I can only use the supercharger from 8:53:01 PM to 7:00 AM!

Wouldn't you know it, I just checked the web page again because I was hoping to use the super charger this weekend, and the free supercharging has been activated! So hopefully it means they'll start getting to some of the others waiting i this thread!

However, I was hoping someone could help me decipher what's shown on my web page. Under supercharging, I now have listed:

"Free Supercharging until 2021-10-17T20:53:01-07:00"

So I get the first part, I have free supercharging until 10/17/2021 (2 years from today), but not sure what the time stamps the that follow the expiration date mean. Do I have free supercharging only until exactly 8:53:01 PM on 10/17/2021, or until 7:00 AM, or ? Not that it matters at all, but I thought it was a bit odd to have those times listed. Hope it doesn't mean I can only use the supercharger from 8:53:01 PM to 7:00 AM!

20:53:01-07:00 means 20:53:01 PDT (GMT-0700)
The format is a JavaScript thing.