Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone getting their VIN information

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering if anyone who placed an order has started to see any VIN details. Looking at the ModelY forum page, I’m seeing people stating they are getting their VIN’s showing up in the app. Placed my order on April 25th for a M3 and haven’t heard or seen anything yet. I know I can contact Tesla, but it’s more about being curious on the matter.

I'm in the same boat. I put my Pearl White/ Black and White Model 3 Performance order in on April 21 but haven't received my VIN. My lease turn in date for my Model S is coming up at the end of next month... I'm hoping to get my new car before then!

A bunch of blue/black Model 3P's have shown up on the Tesla-Info website so I'm guessing that is the current combination the factory is cranking out.

It goes by batches & specs & Region within quarterly time frame, East coast is on last 4-5 weeks of the quarter.

I recall reading that in the past, when I was doing my research on the model 3, before deciding to put my order in.

I'm in the same boat. I put my Pearl White/ Black and White Model 3 Performance order in on April 21 but haven't received my VIN. My lease turn in date for my Model S is coming up at the end of next month... I'm hoping to get my new car before then!

A bunch of blue/black Model 3P's have shown up on the Tesla-Info website so I'm guessing that is the current combination the factory is cranking out.

I’m going with Red/Black M3 LRAWD, 19in wheels and standard Autopilot. I would love to get the performance, but NJ is offering 5K off the M3 if it’s 55K and under. I can not justify not using the 5K credit/rebate. So the acceleration boost is something I am strongly considering.

I ordered a Red/Black M3 SR+ on April 10th and I do not have a VIN assigned (checked the page source code too). My SA said that the wait could be anywhere from June 30th-September 30th, as evidently there were a lot of orders not produced for the end of Q1, and they are still waiting on those.

I ordered a Red/Black M3 SR+ on April 10th and I do not have a VIN assigned (checked the page source code too). My SA said that the wait could be anywhere from June 30th-September 30th, as evidently there were a lot of orders not produced for the end of Q1, and they are still waiting on those.

What is the source code. Also did you get the time frame from said source code? I only know how to log into the app and the sign in on Tesla’s website.

Well I figured out where to get the source code and nothing is there. I’m actually hoping I don’t get the car until mid July. Give NJ some time to figure out the rebate so it comes off at signing instead of having to apply for the rebate in the mail.

Ordered a performance on 3/15 expecting 8-12 weeks and was immediately offered an inventory car, but I declined since I still had a car under lease and didn't like the idea of paying two lease payments for 4 months with a pandemic going on. I put my order on hold until 5/11, and just received my VIN this morning.