Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone go from 19" Goodyear SoundComfort OEM tires to non-SoundComfort Goodyears?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you please point to a web site that has these EU ratings for most tires? I’ve found many that describe the EU labels but have had no luck at finding one that gives the ratings which would allow me to compare tires as you have done.

Thanks

I couldn't find a single site with a database of the EU labels. I was able to find the labels for some tires by searching for them on EU-based online retailer sites. I misspoke above in saying the Michelins had a 71 dB ratings (I don't think I was able to find the Pilot Sport A/S 3+); it's was the Continental ContiSportContact 5s that had the 71 dB rating (along with the Goodyears).

Continentals
Goodyears
Pirellis (not the right size, but this is what I could find on a quick search right now)

Last edited:
Just to verify are the Cinturato P7's everyone is refrencing the "all season plus" version? And are they good in snow?

Ps my oem goodyears are done in at 20k miles... 2016.5 s75d 19" stock rims

If they have this symbol on them, the all-weather tire symbol, they should be good in snow. If they don't then they are going to be barely adequate when new.

image.png

Example of all-weather tire

Ding, ding ding!

Replies here reinforce this. The guy who replaced two foam tires with non foam reports no difference. Kinda means that the new tire that should be quieter is not as good as a worn tire with foam.

And people should just stop dissing foam tires because they are difficult to repair. That is false. Every tire manufacturer has published procedures. It is your tire guy who is the issue. Find someone who knows what they are doing.

Agree.....I had 2 flat tires with 2 weeks of each incident...The car was 2 months old....I had Goodyear Tires....Tesla would not touch it....Goodyear patched both tires....RR had nail 1" from edge.....They had no problem with the foam tire and patching it.....The RF had a screw and it was in center....Again, Goodyear had no issues patching either tire.....So as you mentioned, find someone who knows what they are doing....Cost me $45 total for both incidents.....Tesla want $450 for new tires....hahaha