Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Going To CES?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone here heading out to Vegas for CES this week? If so, exhibitor, industry, media?

I'll be driving out tomorrow but, as much as I'd like to, I won't be taking the S... wife doesn't want to be stuck driving the other car.

Media, though covering more the personal gadget side of things than automotive. I'll be going to the Faraday Future thing to see whatever the hell it is they've got in store.
Yeah, the group I'm running with this year is focused on the PC/gaming/modding end of things, but I'll be ducking out to shoot the automotive stuff solo.

FF sent you an invite to their event? Cool. They told me to just watch from my hotel room and then come talk with them on the show floor.

As a jaded tech blogger, FF's teasers are pissing me off.

I was at this event. Thank god I just confirmed my P100D heading back to So Cal to pick it up tomorrow.
FF will be bankrupt soon this unveil was garbage.

Agreed... the reveal was a disaster and the car is FFugly :cool:

Faraday Future reveals the “FF 91”: 1050hp, 378mi EPA range, 200kW charging, self-driving; 2018 production intent
Faraday Future opens reservations for the “FF 91”; $5,000 for “priority access”, “standard reservations” are free

upload_2017-1-3_22-0-9.png

Its 2018 and CES time. Anyone else making a Tesla road trip to Vegas this year?
Breaking with tradition, I'm bailing on CES this year. I like the new start date (took them long enough to move it away from end of year holidays), but didn't end up linking up with a team to run with for this year... and there's little point in me going solo at CES (had to do that for a couple show floor video interviews a few years ago... wearing that many hats blows).

I’ll be there the whole week. Not driving there though. We may be easy to spot - our Level 4 autonomous system installed on a major brand’s class 8 tractor will be shown in our booth. We should be hard to miss. Since we’re pre-production, a lot of the actual tech will be somewhat obfuscated intentionally, but if I’m there I’ll be happy to try to answer questions. (I’ll be in meetings most of the show, so finding me at the booth may be a bit of a crap shoot - but hey, it’s Vegas!)

One of our mapping vehicles (a Lincoln MKZ) will be shown in another booth, promoting a Lidar unit offered by that booth’s vendor (but all our proprietary mapping tech was stripped for the show, the car will only show that vendor’s Lidar).

Yeah, I know, I haven’t mentioned any company names. Come to the show and much will be revealed!

Nope, just do the main show floor. For me, there is little value in the other sessions.
The 3D Printing session and the Cyber Security sessions were great last year. They dropped the ball this year on the Conference sessions, so I couldn't justify the expense. The only other alternate is the IEEE conference on the 12th-- which I'm still looking at.

Back to the trip, I'm looking forward to seeing the Baker SC and related improvements on the route.

Of the two SC locations in Vegas... do you expect they can handle the volume of cars?
Which one may be better to charge at for an AM commute?

Recommendations appreciated.
-TechVP