Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone going to pre-order a M3 @ Lawrence/Toronto location?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

I'm Dave. I currently own a 2015 Chevy Volt and am super stoked to pre-order a Model 3. I have been waiting and seems like we can secure a spot next month. I have never done the whole "wait in line to get something" thing (iPhone for example) but I am more than willing to wait however long I have to for one of these puppies.

I was just seeing if anyone here is going to go to the store on March 31st to order as well. Maybe I could meet some current/soon to be Tesla owners and have someone around in case lineups really do get crazy (bathroom/food).

Let me know and maybe we can connect!

Thanks!! :smile:

Anyone have any idea what M3 is supposed to look like in design? Rumours are a shortened down version of MS, some reduced battery pack sizes, less suspension stiffness, and generally less features ie. Door handles, suede dash/trims. However also heard rear seat cup holders will be standard lol.

I suppose a '3' series size as opposed to a '5'? Anyone have any advance knowledge?

Also spoke to a few T reps about the potential pricing in typical Tesla fashion: base price will be featureless plus roughly 15k-18k upgrades/battery size to top it off. So 35-53k usd or 50-75k cnd. I imagine the median sale will be closer to 60k cnd with a decent set of features or battery size.

Last edited:
Anyone have any idea what M3 is supposed to look like in design? Rumours are a shortened down version of MS, some reduced battery pack sizes, less suspension stiffness, and generally less features ie. Door handles, suede dash/trims. However also heard rear seat cup holders will be standard lol.

I suppose a '3' series size as opposed to a '5'? Anyone have any advance knowledge?

Also spoke to a few T reps about the potential pricing in typical Tesla fashion: base price will be featureless plus roughly 15k-18k upgrades/battery size to top it off. So 35-53k usd or 50-75k cnd. I imagine the median sale will be closer to 60k cnd with a decent set of features or battery size.

Nobody knows for sure what it will look like. All things considered based on comments from Elon, the first version won't be too "adventuresome".
I'd take that just as stated before: basically just a smaller Model S.

I'd be perfectly happy with that.

Too bad our dollar is so low and causing the ASP prices to soar but at least we have $14K rebates to keep them in check for a little while.

I'm putting my deposit down in any case. I timed my Lincoln lease to expire in April 2018 so there's a slight chance I might get a car then. If not, no big deal, we still have another car to drive until it arrives.