Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone got a decent photo of M3 cockpit in the dark?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The cockpit/steering wheel area is very dark and something I noticed straightaway on my first drive in the dark. You can set an option to light the arrows near the steering wheel controls but that’s it.

Does look a bit pitched dark in that area where it would normally lit up by a myriad of instrumentation in other cars. Would be really nice for the controls on the indicator and p/n/d/cruise stick to also light up. Some convenience lighting in the dashboard area would also be really cool.

I’ll try taking and uploading a photo if no one else has.

I'm wondering what the dash/cockpit of the M3 looks like in the dark. Anyone got a decent pic?

here ya go...
black15.jpg

:)

Hmmm - that looks very dark. I'm surprised no one mentioned the ambient lighting as a "things you don't like about your Model 3".
I’ve driven mine quite a few times in the dark and I don’t find it a problem at all. Apart from the touchscreen, you’ve no controls you need to “find” in the dark. The stalks and steering wheel buttons are all at your fingertips.

Hmmm - that looks very dark. I'm surprised no one mentioned the ambient lighting as a "things you don't like about your Model 3".

Crikey... maybe it’s just me but that steering wheel needs some sort of ambient light.

Huh? Why on earth would you want light in the interior when driving at night? So confused. Perhaps this is a uniquely British phenomenon? Need some extra ambient light so you can find your digestives? My suggestion would be to flambé a Christmas pudding if you need extra gentle illumination! ;)

One of the best things about Model 3 is how there is minimal light in the interior, particularly directly in front, and the dash is low. There's the screen of course, but it's off to the side, so generally does not dazzle.

There are no controls that need to be found, other than the ones on the steering wheel, which is obviously not a problem once you know the car - literally no one in any car they are familiar with is looking at their shift stalk and wiper/turn signals to figure out how to use them! Or at least I hope not.