Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone got a leaking tire on your brand new Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took my Black Model Y delivery end of Aug. About a week ago, the car report a low pressure on left side rear tire. I have continental procontact RX on my MY.
Fill some air into the tire for the following several days to see if it improved. Unfortunately, it lost 5-10 psi overnight in average.
Decided to replace the tire. The local store has a much better price and earlier date so went with the local store.
I asked the local tire guy to check why my tire is leaking. According to the local store guy, the tire has been patched but the patch is not holding. And he took a picture.
If you are familiar with continental tire, can you tell if the picture show the tire is patched? Is it normal to have a gap between the foam inside the tire?
Thanks anyone's input or comment in advance.
IMG_3650 Large.jpeg

I would contact continental. I don’t see evidence of a patch. That looks like adhesive to hold the foam in place. I can’t speak to the gap in the foam and I have to admit I’m not an expert on tire patches either.

Regardless you have a leak and it’s either leaking from a punctured tire or a defective valve stem. No evidence of a puncture on the outside of the tire?

I would contact continental. I don’t see evidence of a patch. That looks like adhesive to hold the foam in place. I can’t speak to the gap in the foam and I have to admit I’m not an expert on tire patches either.

Regardless you have a leak and it’s either leaking from a punctured tire or a defective valve stem. No evidence of a puncture on the outside of the tire?
No puncture. If there is a puncture then it's just bad luck and I guess it's ok.
I think you are right that to contact continental.
We in general love the car, but just a month with a leaking tire?

No puncture. If there is a puncture then it's just bad luck and I guess it's ok.
I think you are right that to contact continental.
We in general love the car, but just a month with a leaking tire?
If its a defective tire continental can reimburse you for a replacement. Unless you note the problem at delivery most car makers will not warranty wheel/tire issues.