Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone got a software update this week?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated to 5.8.1.49.30

I updated on Dec 18 to 5.8 1.49.30. It took about 45 minutes. There was a notice that the update was not successful. After restarting the touchscreen , there was a notice to contact service. I was told there is a bug that leaves a door handle nonfunctioning on some vehicles. Sure enough, my right front handle won't extend at all. It is scheduled for repair.

I'm on 5.8, not sure which version, but my car had a new post 5.8 update a couple days ago and it failed. I didn't get any notice to contact service though and it hasn't tried to prompt me for another update.

I got mine too. No problems, but what was the cold weather sleep issue?

Bit of an edge case resulting from interaction between the charge timer and ground power. They didn't give full details, but I think it's something like this...

It's cold. You plug in the car while the cabin heat is still running (e.g. passenger door open or something). Ground power gets activated to run the heat. Then you close the car and the heat turns off, but it forgets to shut down. As a result, during the time it's waiting for the charging to start, the 12V battery is draining. If it drains the 12V battery too low then the car can't boot up to start charging.