Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone got charged by Tesla Supercharger Idle Fee?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To be honest it shouldn't even be a question. Once your car changed yes it should be moved out of consideration. I've been to superchargers that were empty when I got there and by the time I was completed charging there were cars waiting, there should really just be basic etiquette. Its quite sad its come to charging people to try to get them to move their car so others can charge.

To be honest it shouldn't even be a question. Once your car changed yes it should be moved out of consideration. I've been to superchargers that were empty when I got there and by the time I was completed charging there were cars waiting, there should really just be basic etiquette. Its quite sad its come to charging people to try to get them to move their car so others can charge.

Totally agree. I can't think of why it should be ok to park there indefinitely or overnight.

If you park and charge at midnight in an empty lot and come 7am it's 100% full, does your plenalty just start during the over 60% time and then go back to zero the rest of the day?

Some people are only going to learn etiquette when forced. Make it easy, all stations, all times.