TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Anyone got hit in car park recently?

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by mattse, Nov 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. mattse

mattse Member

saw this in another forum

looks like a hit and run, can't tell if TL car suffer any damage, if yes, hope the owner will find this useful

• Informative x 1
  2. sush

sush Member

Looks like the k11 parking lot!!

3. JKWT

JKWT Member

I had someone dent my Tesla who was just a few days old :(:(:(

The dent is not deep and no paint came off (driver side near the indication).

Plus on the highway all of a sudden a small branch appeared on the road (travelling around 80kmph) and it hit my front bumper (the base) and then went under. It made a dent to the front bumper of which I applied some touch up paint. But the base of the bumper saw dome of the paint being scratched off. I was so totally lost for words.......

Anyone knows a good and reasonable priced fixer?

4. ediot

ediot Member

i dont know of any. however, tesla panels are aluminium and are known to be difficult to fix well, hence those that can do a decent job will charge accordingly.

i have a few minor bumps on my car now, just from usual highway debris/ normal wear and tear stuff - as long as the paint is ok, i dont worry too much about keeping the cosmetic in absolute tip top condition

5. mattse

mattse Member

My friend used dent doctor for non-aluminium car with good results
    DENT DOCTOR

I am not sure if they do aluminium body, you may give them a call

I have at least 10 times more scratches from road debris than my previous car, probably due to the larger size of model S, I hate to say this, but you will get used to these minor scratches and dents unless you are willing to spend a fortune every now and then. And touch up paint is our good friend, get one from Tesla ASAP

6. JKWT

JKWT Member

Thanks All,

Yes heartbreaking as it is....our Tesla's for some reason seem to attract debris, knocks here and there.
    True to say it would cost a fortune to fix and who's to say it won't happen again.....

Indeed the Touch Up paint is a good way to go