Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone got HW3 retrofit yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So apparently NOA on Model 3's with HW 2.5, get stuck in the passing lane and won't move over to the cruising lane. This doesn't happen with HW 3.0 vehicles. I think Tesla should have HW 3.0 to those of us that paid for FSD first. How much longer do we have to drive around without the same functionality that new owners get?

Where'd you hear that?

I've had my HW2.5 car do the "changing lanes to get out of passing lane" thing a ton of times.

If yours isn't doing that open a service ticket.

Reactions: McFlurri
So apparently NOA on Model 3's with HW 2.5, get stuck in the passing lane and won't move over to the cruising lane. This doesn't happen with HW 3.0 vehicles. I think Tesla should have HW 3.0 to those of us that paid for FSD first. How much longer do we have to drive around without the same functionality that new owners get?

This is not accurate.

Elon tweeted retrofitting to start in earnest Q1 2020.

Here’s the link to said tweet: Elon Musk on Twitter

85102020-B19C-4D82-8F54-F1BD69199455.jpeg

Where'd you hear that?

I've had my HW2.5 car do the "changing lanes to get out of passing lane" thing a ton of times.

If yours isn't doing that open a service ticket.
My Model 3 with HW2.5 gets stuck in the passing lane often now on NOA with 2019.40.2.1, and it never used to. Numerous YouTube videos are confirming the same thing with HW2.5 owners. I've not heard of one HW3.0 owner having this issue. But as I said, for me this didn't occur prior to 40.2.1.

Reactions: SunCharged
My Model 3 with HW2.5 gets stuck in the passing lane often now on NOA with 2019.40.2.1, and it never used to. Numerous YouTube videos are confirming the same thing with HW2.5 owners. I've not heard of one HW3.0 owner having this issue. But as I said, for me this didn't occur prior to 40.2.1.
I have HW 2.5 and dont have an issue being stuck in the passing lane

I
Interesting. I'm just over the line, with an early July 2018 car. So anyway, if that's true, it seems to imply the upgrade will be easier on the Q3 and later cars, right? There has been mixed info about whether the replacement can be done by a mobile tech vs in the shop. Maybe this relates to that. That is, plug-and-play they could do anywhere, but soldering in new connectors they want to do in the shop.
Mobile tech was at my house for tire rotation today and he confirmed that HW3 replacement can only be done at a service center due to the liquid cooling and it's easier to just have everything right there in case anything goes wrong. Doesn't mean they wont ever do it via mobile but maybe not until they perfect the process? I live in Denver and this tech just transferred here from the Fremont Factory in the past few months.

• Informative
Reactions: CharleyBC