Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone got HW3 retrofit yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now you're just screwing with us, huh?
I wanted to know all I could about model 3 before I configured it so I started watch Ben Sullins Teslanomics series.

No, I’m really not. Wouldn’t know who any of those folks are if I tripped over them. I’ve watched plenty of videos online but don’t “follow” anyone or any series. I just search a topic I’m looking for and when I find something that looks interesting, I watch it.

• Love
Reactions: silenteski
It definitely does which is why two ppl who don't know each other recall the same thing. Might I suggest you try Google.

But you're both wrong, so there's that.

You both imagined some cut off date that not only doesn't exist- but is directly contradicted by Tesla.com right this very moment as I showed you in a screen shot.

But you're both wrong, so there's that.

You both imagined some cut off date that not only doesn't exist- but is directly contradicted by Tesla.com right this very moment as I showed you in a screen shot.

Exactly. It doesn’t exist - maybe that Ben or Kim or whatever poisoned the well by saying something stupid but it doesn’t exist.

YouTube videos != reality.

If they're answering 100 calls a week, at say 5 minutes a call, just to tell people who aren't on the list anyway they're not on the list, that's over over 20% of a service guys work week he isn't performing actual service on actual cars

Easy fix: send out emails to all FSD owners and actually communicate with your customers. But, hey, that isn’t Tesla’s M.O., so we will just continue to hound service centers.

I was already told that my car is eligible when I booked an appointment, but no parts were available. They did not offer to call me when parts come in, nor did they tell me I would be contacted when they were ready for my car. The ball was left in my court, so I am left to periodically schedule service appointments and see if I get lucky with parts I guess.

They only have themselves to blame here for not communicating widely what is going on. A simple email that stated they expect mass upgrades in early 2020, but they are starting with small test cases now and you will be contacted based on region and whatever else would be enough to simmer down the hordes.

Reactions: kbecks13
My job is not leading you by the nose. Look harder!

To quote:

“End of Q4, most likely”

and:

“Anyone who purchased full self-driving will get FSD computer upgrade for free. This is the only change between Autopilot HW2.5 & HW3. Going forward “HW3” will just be called FSD Computer, which is accurate. No change to vehicle sensors or wire harness needed. This is v important.”

Neither of which say a damn thing about the order of deployment (who goes first?) or about a cutoff date for included computer updates vs purchased.

Why would you think it does?

To quote:

“End of Q4, most likely”

and:

“Anyone who purchased full self-driving will get FSD computer upgrade for free. This is the only change between Autopilot HW2.5 & HW3. Going forward “HW3” will just be called FSD Computer, which is accurate. No change to vehicle sensors or wire harness needed. This is v important.”

Neither of which say a damn thing about the order of deployment (who goes first?) or about a cutoff date for included computer updates vs purchased.

Why would you think it does?
Does it actually hurt when you think?

Does it actually hurt when you think?

All I’ve done is ask you to describe where you’re getting your information from, and all you’ve done is deflect, redirect and now drop personal insults.

What you’ve quoted hold no bearing whatsoever to either thing you’ve be arguing exist. It doesn’t say one thing about how the order of deployments are determined (by VIN? By age of vehicle? Number of miles? State of residence?). Furthermore, it doesn’t say one thing about charging for HW3 computers after a date for FSD purchasers. Not sure why you think it does, because it doesn’t say any of those things.

I’m taking the high road and doing my very level best not to get dragged into getting personal.

From my understanding HW3 upgrade is ONLY available to those who pre-purchased FSD. It is also free only to those who purchased FSD prior to a certain date. Anyone who purchased post the cut-off date will need to pay to upgrade from 2.5 —> 3.0

That's precisely how I remember it as well. Given they are paying customers can they call up, order it, and effectively cut in line?

I recall the discussions on this subject around the “fire sale” timeframe, but then Elon tweeted that everyone who purchased FSD gets the hardware upgrade included. No one is going to have to pay extra beyond the FSD package price. @wcorey linked the exact tweet in an earlier post.

Reactions: wcorey and mtndrew1
Elon tweeted that everyone who purchased FSD gets the hardware upgrade included. No one is going to have to pay extra beyond the FSD package price. @wcorey linked the exact tweet in an earlier post.

So why is @wcorey arguing with me about some cutoff date that doesn’t exist?

You are right - nobody will be paying anything beyond the FSD price for HW3. It’s not a separate purchasable option.

There is no cutoff date for FSD purchase or any qualifier for getting the HW3 installation.

Every customer who purchased FSD, at any date, for any price, before or after delivery, gets the HW3/FSD computer installed at no additional charge.

5D0BBD35-0281-4EC2-9442-B3252B07BEBD.jpeg