Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone got HW3 retrofit yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also May ‘18 build; put in a service request last week for the upgrade. Originally set up as a mobile appointment and was texted that my "concern" is not mobile capable and needs to go to the service center. Appointment set for the 29th and was told chances are the car will need to stay overnight. Fingers crossed appointment doesn't get cancelled.

Dropped off my car this morning at Van Nuys SC. They estimated it would take 2-3 days and gave me $300 Uber credits. They are also addressing 3 service bulletins (one for the pins in the charging port, one for battery connections and can't remember the 3rd).

Shockingly, no bulletin for unintended acceleration!!! :)

I just put in a request for service for a HW3 installation.
I have a 2018, MCU2, ap2.5 MX

I’m getting rather impatient as Tesla hasn’t emailed or told me anything, yet they were more than happy to take my money for the FSD.

they need to massively increase the installation rate of these computers.

Your getting frustrated? I purchased FSD in December 2016 and I still have heard nothing on upgrading my HW.

Scheduled my HW3 retrofit in the Boston area for 2/11. Bought my LR AWD in November 2018 and bought FSD in April 2019.

Decided to make a service appointment a couple nights ago inquiring about whether I could get the HW3 upgrade and by the next morning I had a text saying my VIN was eligible and that I could schedule it for 1-2 weeks out (have to wait for parts to be delivered). I think I might be the first person to get the retrofit done in Massachusetts, haven't seen anyone post about them doing retrofits over here yet.

Reactions: Gt1948
Dropped off my car this morning at Van Nuys SC. They estimated it would take 2-3 days and gave me $300 Uber credits. They are also addressing 3 service bulletins (one for the pins in the charging port, one for battery connections and can't remember the 3rd).

Shockingly, no bulletin for unintended acceleration!!! :)

Car was ready same day (although was not able to pick up until today). I can now see stoplights, cones, trashcans, stop signs, and some painted messages (STOP, Diamond Lane). The cameras needed to recalibrate but took less than 10 miles to calibrate. The auto lane changes feel smoother but that could just be a placebo affect. The rear camera image is darker and a little difficult to see when dark but I imagine that will get modified with a future update.

Some info about HW2 to HW3 retrofits.

upload_2020-1-31_13-23-40.png

Woah woah woah. How did nobody mention this before? We lost all our game data with a Model 3 FSD computer retrofit. All our 3 star rankings in Beach Buggy Racing and our farm and crops and animals in Stardew Valley... Gone!!!

Saved addresses for navigation and music favorites and other settings are fine though.

Can we reverse engineer the "approved VINs" list somehow?
At least for Model 3, the highest VIN getting FSD computer retrofit this year seems to be 071,xxx which probably is an August 2018 build date.

Here's the median VIN from various months using Teslike survey data:
Code:
June 2018:      033,xxx
July 2018:      042,xxx
August 2018:    067,xxx
September 2018: 088,xxx
October 2018:   104,xxx
November 2018:  128,xxx
December 2018:  156,xxx
January 2019:   191,xxx
February 2019:  203,xxx
March 2019:     296,xxx