Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone got pics of the hatchback open?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All we get is the shot from the Tesla website....

ModelYInterior.jpg

Personally, based on the vehicle profile, I don't see how they can claim that adults will fit in the 3rd row. I heard Kim from TesLike say that she hopes that they will provide built-in booster for kids in the 3rd row. That's a really good idea. That is one of the things I really like about Volvo cars. Although, now that my kid is beyond booster age, she would complain about the lack of seat heating in the positions that have boosters. She loves the seat heaters in the 3.

Personally, based on the vehicle profile, I don't see how they can claim that adults will fit in the 3rd row. I heard Kim from TesLike say that she hopes that they will provide built-in booster for kids in the 3rd row. That's a really good idea. That is one of the things I really like about Volvo cars. Although, now that my kid is beyond booster age, she would complain about the lack of seat heating in the positions that have boosters. She loves the seat heaters in the 3.

I think it's going to be VERY limited in headroom. As in, anyone over about 4'5" will be hitting their head.

I think it's going to be VERY limited in headroom. As in, anyone over about 4'5" will be hitting their head.
Right. The only way to avoid that is to drastically lower the seating position which results in an uncomfortable knees-up seating position. Then again, the 3rd row in the Highlander is nothing to write home about either, but at least the headroom is not the problem as the roofline is basically level.

Reactions: swengl
The other piece of information I want is the cubic feet of cargo space with 5 passengers seated. My RAV4 EV is 36.4cu-ft with 5 passengers seated. Even if the square feet of floor area is equal in the Model Y, the cubic feet will be compromised by the aerodynamic roofline. The 66cu-ft figure given by Tesla is clearly with the second and third rows folded.

Reactions: Daniel_R
wild idea: perhaps they will use Model S lift back? i.e. share liftgate parts from Model S? even just the glass??
Photoshop anyone?? fatten up the rear end?? I haven't a clue, just a what if.

Model S is wider, wouldn't work. But hopefully it's the same design
Seems like it. All these videos you see online people in the back seat have their heads up to a bar, I would assume that's where the back opens to.

The back seats are not for adults, pretty obvious. The model X 3rd row is technically not for adults either .. it works but, fir emergencies. Definitely for kids.

• Helpful
Reactions: Brando
One think I noticed is the 3rd row didn't have headrests..., Hope it can get added. I wouldn't want one of my kids back there with no headrests. In one of the videos online looked like top of seats had holes for it but they weren't on

i think you have to have them legally. they probably fold or store somewhere when not in use. similar to any other tiny 3 row CUVs

One think I noticed is the 3rd row didn't have headrests..., Hope it can get added. I wouldn't want one of my kids back there with no headrests. In one of the videos online looked like top of seats had holes for it but they weren't on

I suspect the lack of head rests that was a just for the demo unit. I believe neck and head support is required in the US. Maybe they will do a retractable/foldable headrest.