TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Anyone got the Extended Service Agreement (ESA) and getting the run around?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by internalaudit, May 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. internalaudit

internalaudit Member

Anyone got the brush off for things not specifically listed or alluded to in the ESA? I had read Section F on Exclusions and it looks somewhat fair to me, with not a lot of word magic. Just wondering if it's something worthwhile getting for a Model 3 produced by a relatively young company, not yet renowned for reliability but hopefully getting there.

I can rotate tires and replace some simple maintenance parts but not sure I have the time or talent to repair electrical components.

Or have you been overall satisfied?

I picked up a copy on the MyTesla forum discussion but couldn't find the link so I am sharing a copy on my google drive:

vehicle_extended_service_agreement_en_us.pdf

Thank you.

2. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Well-Known Member

My experience with the ESA has been terrific! I've had one tail light replaced due to insect inside, rear lift gate struts replaced due to noise, rear chrome appliqué replaced due to fit issues, old lug nuts replaced with new design, and pano roof creaks fixed. Whether or not these items are technically covered, I don't know, but my local service center has always been amazing and they treat my ESA like the regular warranty with the exception of the $200 deductible. That is a per-vist charge, so if you develop issues after the original warranty expires, just wait until you rack up a few issues and go in at one time to address them all for the same deductible cost.

Now I paid $2,500 for my ESA before the price increased to $4,000, not sure if I would spend $4,000 today. But when you consider door handles are almost $1,000 each to replace, chargers are $1,500 each, the touch screen is $3,000+, and all of these are common components that fail, it might be a worthwhile investment. Although at $4,000 it might be better to self insure.

• Informative x 3
  3. joefee

joefee 2M+ page views on TMC Threads

I'm very glad I purchased it. I have used it twice this year. The second time I've learned that the $200 deductible applies for all the work that's done during that service visit. So it's best to save up minor issues until you feel you have enough to recover the $200 deductible.

• Informative x 1