TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Anyone got their CA "purple" stickers yet?

Discussion in 'California' started by Doutt, Jan 3, 2019.

1. dmunjal

dmunjal Member

I used the temporary white paper plates we get now.

2. rickdogg82

rickdogg82 Member

Using the temp tag will work, but you are supposed to wait for your permanent plates before submitting the application (took less than 3 weeks for my plates to arrive). You will eventually get a Clear Air Vehicle certificate that includes your license plate number, VIN, and decal number (it is printed on the decals) which you keep in the vehicle with the vehicle registration. If you were involved in an HOV related stop, the officer could see that your plate matches the numbers on the decals and you are legit. The VIN will match too. I have not been pulled over in some time, but think cops deal with plate numbers, not VINs. The question is how you are dealt with if your plates and certificate don't match, even though the VIN does. Likely nothing will, but others have been know to be penalized for not having all the stickers so discrepancies in the paperwork could also lead to a ticket.

3. dmunjal

dmunjal Member

I did receive my plates before DMV cashed the check but many weeks after I submitted the application. Once I receive my stickers (next week?), I'll see what plate they put on the certificate. The temporary one or the permanent one.

4. Oyinko

Oyinko Member

I applied mid July and still waiting for mine.

5. dmunjal

dmunjal Member

Got my stickers on Friday, 9/13. About a week after the check was cashed. Came just in time as I'm driving to SF tomorrow for a conference!

6. Oyinko

Oyinko Member

Check was cashed on September 11. Hoping to get it this week.

7. Ivan Abundance

Mine didn't take all that long to arrive (5 weeks?), but my god, a check? In an envelope with a stamp on it? Troglodytes.

• Funny x 1