Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone got their CA "purple" stickers yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sent my application in December 8 - they didn't process it until January 10, so I got the purple sticker. So, if you sent in your application near or after 1/1/2019, you'll get the purple sticker.
The check wasn't cashed until January 14 - and I received the stickers about a week after that. So far as I can tell, the transaction of the check is the only real indicator of the progress in processing your application, but once that goes through you're basically just waiting for the mail.

• Informative
Reactions: Blastphemy
I wonder if there's a class action lawsuit to be filled against the DMV for burning up two months of the new stickers' validity period due to their inefficient processing. It won't be that bad if they gave a fixed duration for the stickers, but they are inconveniencing their customers with these long processing times.

Reactions: Blastphemy
Called dmv special processing. Said they r working on mail from 1/17. (today is 2/26). Great.

That can't be right. I don't think anyone mailed the check at 1/4 or after has received their decals yet. There is another big thread in here somewhere and only people mailed on 1/3 or before got the stickers..and not all of them. They are still working on 1/2 and 1/3 if you ask me. Maybe they will get to 1/17 in March.

That can't be right. I don't think anyone mailed the check at 1/4 or after has received their decals yet. There is another big thread in here somewhere and only people mailed on 1/3 or before got the stickers..and not all of them. They are still working on 1/2 and 1/3 if you ask me. Maybe they will get to 1/17 in March.

Hehe. Just because they opened the mail doesn't mean they have processed any of the applications, cashed any checks, or mailed any stickers...

I mailed mine 1/29 so I figure oh... Maybe ill get them sometime in 2020?