TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Anyone grandfathered receive the Ontario EV incentive

Discussion in 'Canada' started by gtaguy, May 19, 2016.

1. gtaguy

gtaguy New Member

Has anyone who ordered their car prior to Feb 10 but took delivery after, receive their 'grandfathered' credit of $8500?

I called the administrators who handle the rebate cheques and they are apparently still waiting for confirmation from MTO on how to handle such cases where the order and delivery dates straddle Feb 10. However, on the MTO website, they have this excerpt which makes it quite clear:

Eligible Electric Vehicles

Vehicles purchased or ordered prior to February 10, 2016
    If an eligible electric vehicle was purchased/leased between November 10, 2015 and February 9, 2016 with a MSRP less than $75,000 as of the date of purchase/lease, the incentive is based upon the new February 10, 2016 incentive values. Where there is an increase between the old incentive amount and the new incentive amount, the incentive difference will be paid automatically to the EVIP incentive recipient. There will not be a need to re-apply to the program if the applicant has already submitted an application.

If an eligible electric vehicle was purchased/leased with a MSRP equal to, or greater than $75,000 prior to February 10, 2016, the applicant will receive the incentive available at the time of purchase/lease. There will not be a need to re-apply to the program if the applicant has already submitted an application. New applications must be submitted within six months of the purchase or lease date.

2. mikec8

mikec8 Member

I'm in the same boat as you, told me they're not handling the rebates until they hear back from MTO.

3. Navsarin

Navsarin Member

I was told they submitted the papers back at end of March for me and to wait at least 2 months for the rebate to process. Hmm...

4. Martin VanB

Martin VanB Member

I am sure you will get your rebate. It just will take some time.

5. BBone

BBone Member

I called a few weeks back (Dec 2015 delivery). And they said that they didn't get the paperwork from Tesla. I re-sent mine to them but haven't heard any news since then.

6. gtaguy

gtaguy New Member

Seems like there is a disconnect. MTO had clearly laid out the guideline on how to handle our case (see the link above) yet Ontario service is waiting to hear back from MTO. It's been 2+ mths for me since delivery, paperwork is stalled with no ETA.

7. juschilin

juschilin Member

Same here - from what i've heard from others it can take up to 4 months or longer to get the rebate. Basically, just have to sit back and wait it out.

8. xG35

xG35 Member

wow this would suck.. I ordered Feb 3rd and will be getting it early july.. just so I get the 8500 rebate..

guess it will be 2017 before I see it lol.

9. DoRiKiEv

DoRiKiEv Member

As of this week, the Ministry is still processing rebates from January so they have quite a backlog to work through. I wouldnt be concerned that order placed prior to Feb 10th wont receive the full rebate, they are pretty reasonable to deal with.

10. The Lorax

The Lorax Member

I called the Ministry back when this was announced back in Feb and they told me all should be ok. When I took delivery at the end of March, Tesla delivery told me to expect 3-4 month wait for it to be processed.

11. juschilin

juschilin Member

I got my full rebate($8,500) last night. I took delivery March 28th.

12. CYoa

CYoa Member

Nice, so I can expect mine in about 4 months!

13. Navsarin

Navsarin Member

Received mine on Tuesday. Ordered Nov 15'...delivered March 26th :)

14. mikec8

mikec8 Member

Received mine yesterday through Purolator, I guess just to be safe of a potential Canada Post strike..

15. TorqueIt

TorqueIt Member

Still haven't received mine, have had the car for 4 months now... I'm expecting to wait 1-2 more weeks hopefully.