Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone had a car "Delivered" they didn't pay for or schedule delivery for?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone had a car "Delivered" they didn't pay for or schedule delivery for?

Had an early 2020 reservation and changed some specs in June. Never entered any payment info online or set delivery date and replied to texts during June that we were not purchasing by month's end.

Yesterday got a text asking me to reply "YES" to verify delivery was taken back on 6.30 (right at end of quarter). Thought the text was probably just an error.

Logged into my Tesla account (online and app) and no longer have option to enter payment/modify rez...it's just fully set up as if I bought the car - have full access to it on app.

Location on app shows it in the outer parking lot at Tesla shop. Could walk up and drive it away today?

• Funny
Reactions: brkaus
Update - Just spoke with local Tesla dealer. They said a 'glitch' in their system caused the car to be a) marked as delivered and b) switched on for full access through my account/phone. Just happened to be on June 30 at end of quarter?(??) Said they'll go through and disassociate the VIN and reset my account back to the modify reservation options.

Sounds like a whole new level of "Contactless Delivery" to go all out like Elon asked for Q2 press release #s lol. Again it was only configured online...never paid for our any delivery date scheduled. Looking fwd to going electric...just with the one we choose to buy :)