Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone had errors inc regen not active while driving?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

Hoping someone might have seen this

This is a 2021 (71 Plate) Model 3 around 3000 miles

Driving along yesterday and suddenly got a whole load of errors (regen braking not active, steering assist not activated, hold brake not active) and others

Car drove OK though no regen so very weird. Got home tried to reset multiple times and nothing.

Left it overnight, went out in morning and all fine. Drive it again today, fine for an hour or so and then all back again.

Tried to book service but the next appointment is a week Monday - it is quite disconcerting to drive with so many warnings up and along with a beep every two seconds to remind me of them.....

Anything anyone has seen before?

Last edited:
Hi all

Hoping someone might have seen this

Driving along yesterday and suddenly got a whole load of errors (regen braking not active, steering assist not activated, hold brake not active) and others

Car drove OK though no regen so very weird. Got home tried to reset multiple times and nothing.

Left it overnight, went out in morning and all fine. Drive it again today, fine for an hour or so and then all back again.

Tried to book service but the next appointment is a week Monday - it is quite disconcerting to drive with so many warnings up and along with a beep every two seconds to remind me of them.....

Anything anyone has seen before?
First some advice. Give a clue to your topic in the thread title (too late now). That would help with future searches and would draw people to the thread. Also, In your post let people know which model Tesla you have ... and how old it is. Nearest thing I know about is in the earlier Model 3s where there was a multiple systems error sequence similar to this. All these cars should have been dealt with by the "soft recall" and rectification so it shouldn't be the same thing.

Reactions: Alex987854
Thank you - very sensible advice. I don't really use forums extensively so didn't think that too much through - maybe a moderator can the title in due course.

Have added what I can to the original post. Thanks again.

If you consider it undrivable, you could give Tesla Roadside a call. It might not get it fixed any quicker, but should get you a loan car.

Don't forget to let us know how it turns out and what the fault was - all adds to to the data.

If you consider it undrivable, you could give Tesla Roadside a call. It might not get it fixed any quicker, but should get you a loan car.

Don't forget to let us know how it turns out and what the fault was - all adds to to the data.

I think I will call them tomorrow - not sure if there is anything they can do remotely to reset or look at what issue could be

To keep the information upto date - the cameras also don't work when signalling/reversing and the app and car have fallen out I think as it thinks the car is somewhere midway on the last journey.

Also tried to update the software but that failed.

Will keep you updated.

Thank you - very sensible advice. I don't really use forums extensively so didn't think that too much through - maybe a moderator can the title in due course.

Have added what I can to the original post. Thanks again.

I would say that a very obvious and complex issue like this will bring a ready response from Tesla and in that way could be better than a minor irritating problem that is hard to track down. Good luck!

I would say that a very obvious and complex issue like this will bring a ready response from Tesla and in that way could be better than a minor irritating problem that is hard to track down. Good luck!

That is true - my only concern is that the last twice that it has just done it randomly and been gone by morning but hopefully they can look at logs etc

Common issue is a speed sensor on a wheel failing giving no end of errors, usually related to traction co from, stability, ap etc. it looks dramatic for a relatively simple component. Maybe that?

Ps. Took the liberty of renaming the thread

Common issue is a speed sensor on a wheel failing giving no end of errors, usually related to traction co from, stability, ap etc. it looks dramatic for a relatively simple component. Maybe that?

Ps. Took the liberty of renaming the thread

Well thats good to know - somewhat reassuring that there is a possible known cause

Thank you for sorting title.

45 mins to get through to Tesla. Told to try the power off button but no change. Told I can drive car - but it isn’t the best experience. Managed to get booked in for Wednesday but no guarantee on courtesy car etc. Will keep you uodated

Car went in and problem found to be water getting into connectors behind the steering wheel. To do with a loose scuttle where the windscreen wipers are.

They found it quite quickly so I asked if it was common - they were coy and said they have seen it before and it’s not that rare.

Had an X as a courtesy car and it felt like a bus - apart from that not a bad service overall but most others given Uber vouchers rather than courtesy cars.

• Informative
Reactions: Adopado
Car went in and problem found to be water getting into connectors behind the steering wheel. To do with a loose scuttle where the windscreen wipers are.

They found it quite quickly so I asked if it was common - they were coy and said they have seen it before and it’s not that rare.

Had an X as a courtesy car and it felt like a bus - apart from that not a bad service overall but most others given Uber vouchers rather than courtesy cars.
Very similar to the early cars' issue which affected a connector but on the passenger (on RHD cars) side but the same scuttle area.