TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Anyone had paint done work out of Devon SC (particularly pearl white)?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by model3fan, Dec 3, 2018.

1. model3fan

model3fan Member

I'm trying to decide if I should have my rear quarter panel possibly repainted. I'm dropping off car today for them to take a look at.

It appears to have too much pearl near on the driver's side quarter panel the bumper. I know Tesla (and other manufacturers) have had issues with bumpers not matching, but mine matches everywhere else perfectly except near the drivers side rear panel. The same rear quarter panel, though, matches the door on the other side perfectly.

I'm scared to death of them making it worse, but on the other hand it irks me every time I see it, and I paid extra for white is a little salt in the wound...

If by chance anyone here had work done by Devon on white paint that went great, I'd feel better about it.

Attached Files:

2. Xenius

Xenius Member

So I'm pretty sure Devon doesn't actually do the paint, however due to some jackass not paying attention I have a model 3 in for repairs at Moppert Brothers in Morton, PA. So I know they take care of all bodywork.

If you call and ask for Doug, tell him Ryan sent you, seems like a good knowledgeable guy.

3. model3fan

model3fan Member

Yea my car is at Moppert too. Hoping somehow not for too long since I'd assume they don't have to wait for parts.

4. Xenius

Xenius Member

Cool, let me know how it goes. My source at Tesla thinks parts will be in mid/late next week for my car.

5. Syd

Syd Member

Good luck, I'm still waiting for a backordered part. (My car is there too.)

6. model3fan

model3fan Member

Attempted to visit my car on Sunday to check progress, but the cars are secured behind locked fence (good to see). Tesla updated me they were doing paint work Thurs, maybe naive but was hoping to get it back by now hoping it was a minor fix. Each day that goes by I get nervous of what exactly they're repainting and praying I didn't make a mistake.

7. Xenius

Xenius Member

@Syd , do you by chance have an MSM 3 that has front end damage to it? When I talked to them last week the guy there at first was confusing my wifes car with another MSM 3 that had front end damange (her's has rear left).

8. Syd

Syd Member

no, I have side damage, waiting on a water shield that is back ordered, and mines a S90D.

9. model3fan

model3fan Member

Today marked day 14, so Tesla service has had my car longer than I ever did (I gave it to them on day 13 of ownership). I hope paint comes out great to makes wait worth it, and thankful for the ICE loaner, but I miss the car.

Been watching it on the app looked like it went back in the paint oven today. Hope I'm close. I'll never hear the end of it if I don't have it back for Xmas.

10. model3fan

model3fan Member

Just wanted to update thread that I got my car back after 17 days. Initial issue is better, but now there is pearl mismatch elsewhere, and I regret taking it in at all. I have a follow up appointment scheduled for next week. Tesla was pretty good with communicating throughout the initial work. We'll see how round 2 goes.